Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Rumor alert!

I was talking to some Skywest crew members at SFO today and heard that Skywest MIGHT (emphasis on MIGHT) get some used 737-300's (or -500's) from United and use them on negotiated United routes on behalf of United Express. The crew was pretty certain about the rumor and evidently it originated from Brad Holt (the VP of Flt Ops). I can't confirm it...

So, what do you think - could this be a legit rumor? Do you think United furloughees would be flying these 733s as FOs? They supposedly have that arrangement for the future 70 seaters - J4J....

This rumor (us getting 737's) has been circulating around the company for awhile. I think SkyWest has been exploring many different scenarios during this uncertain period in the airline business. I think it is very unlikely that we will see an aircraft of that size on our property in the near future simply because I believe that SkyWest would prefer to stick with their current business model. If we were to get 737's I would guess that it would be to fly them on our own. Having said that, as we all know, anything is possible in this crazy business. For those of us that are starting face the reality of being at SkyWest for our careers, it's a nice rumor.

I think this was a possibility if United liquidated. I wouldn't bet any money on it now though.

Um...actually skywest has payrates for 737s. They're not great, but they're better than 50 seat pay.

"Nice job guys."

At least SkyWest didn't ratify concessions.

meanstreak said:
So if you do fly them are you going to fly them at 50 seat pay rates. Nice job guys.

HEHEHE! Ouch.

Play nice, guys. :)

meanstreak said:
So if you do fly them are you going to fly them at 50 seat pay rates. Nice job guys.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you rip on us. WE HAVE rates for the 737, and they are MUCH BETTER than our 50 & 70 seat rates.

At least you named yourself appropriately.

This is exactly going as planned. All of us UAX beoootches battling it out on the street corner while the United pimps count the cash...believe me, they haaaaaaaaave the cash.

They only guarantee in the contract is that free vasaline will be provided during the entire 5 year contracted period. How is it going to feel, jumpseating on our fellow ALPA member's aircraft trying to explain this one?

Stay informed, stay bent over, and stay lubed up...

House

Latest resources

Back