• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately a large portion of the 1193 do truth them. A problem for certain and one we will not soon overcome unless a change in leadership happens.

Unfortunately there are no longer any F9 pilots, they are now all RAH pilots. A judge has ruled. An integration has taken place under a CBA. Every pilot there pays dues to the Teamsters. If B6 aquires all of the old F9 assets the pilots will not come with those aircraft. No matter what any ex F9 now RAH pilot tries to tell you. It sucks big time for those guys, but they put there trust in BB (very bad move) and now BB will cause a lot of pain on them and there families.

Don't kid yourself. There are Frontier pilots flying Airbus aircraft for Frontier Airlines and there are RAH pilots flying Embraer aircraft for a variety of mainline carriers. Only a small handful of Frontier pilots have joined and are paying dues to the Gangsters. The pilots wear different uniforms and operate under separate CBAs. The Frontier pilots are protected with a seven year fence and will be easily separated.

Which will be great when a plane breaks, but the pilot can't fly the plane that MTX wants to pull up due to the fact that the airplane is fenced.

Where do you come up with this stuff?? Do you just make up this crap?

If I weren't so polite, I'd point out to everyone what an idiot you are. But you are doing a fine job of pointing that out yourself.

Unfortunately there are no longer any F9 pilots, they are now all RAH pilots. A judge has ruled. An integration has taken place under a CBA. Every pilot there pays dues to the Teamsters. If B6 aquires all of the old F9 assets the pilots will not come with those aircraft. No matter what any ex F9 now RAH pilot tries to tell you. It sucks big time for those guys, but they put there trust in BB (very bad move) and now BB will cause a lot of pain on them and there families.

Every single letter of the above post is incorrect.

The Frontier pilots are still employees of Frontier Airlines Inc. The Frontier pilots' CBA (that pesky document again) defines all of this, as well as how vacancies can and will be filled.

A "judge" has not ruled on anything. An arbitrator has ruled on many things, including the fact that he does not have the power or authority to change existing CBA langauge. He built a list of names, nothing more and nothing less. That list of names is now a part of both CBA's, but he has admitted several times that his list does not trump the CBA language that already exists.

An integration has NOT taken place under "a CBA". The RAH pilots still work under their CBA and the Frontier pilots still work under their CBA.

"Every pilot does not pay dues to the IBT". Currently, 13 Frontier pilots have joined the IBT. The remaining 700+ have refused to join and/or have become agency fee objectors.

There are no "assets" to obtain at F9. All of the unecumbered equity at F9 was burned during the 2008-09 BK. F9's only assets are sub 6 CASM and first position NEO orders. Not only are they the first NA NEO's but they are the best NEO prices on the planet (think C series prices).

Finally, BB is looking out for BB. Thankfully for us, his interests (spin Frontier and IPO Frontier in the effort to get paid hansomly) and our interests (spin Frontier and IPO Frontier in the effort get seperate) are perfectly aligned. We both want the same thing, for different reasons. You should see the amount of construction at the Frontier GO. Everything that was removed after the RAH acquisition is being reconstructed twofold back in Denver.

They are all now on one list. No the RAH pilots are not bidding the BUS. This is due to the 7 year fence that was put not only on the F9 Airbii, but also on all of the RAH planes. 145/170/175's. The 190's and any future airplane deliveries will not be under this 7 year fence. So when BB sells all of the Airbii all of the former F9 pilots are royally screwed due to the fact that they still have 6ish years of fence left. Or any future Airbii that are purchased at RAH will be up for bid to the highest seniority # on that integrated list. Which will be great when a plane breaks, but the pilot can't fly the plane that MTX wants to pull up due to the fact that the airplane is fenced.

The fence is not keeping RAH pilots from the Airbus. The RAH CBA prevents them from bidding the airbus. The Frontier CBA prevents them from bidding the airbus.

The fence is simply another factor, but it is not the "end all be all" factor.

Let me ask you this, if RAH sold CHQ, would the RAH pilots and the IBT fight for the right for those seats? If RAH sells Frontier, will you fight for the right for those seats?

Do you honestly think you get to choose the certificate of your liking?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your leadership has missed the boat. The IBT decided to cease all Section 6 negotiations for over two years. When they eventually got around to revisit the bargaining process, they only opened four sections with the belief that it would expedite the process. Now you are stuck in mediation, with no future sessions even scheduled (the AA flight attendants went more than one year between mediated sessions), with only four sections open, and no possible path towards CBA amalgamation with the Frontier pilots' CBA.

Even the best possible scenario for you is pretty horrible. If I were you I would focus on the myriad of problems you have within your own house and worry less about what might have been.

I no longer have a dog in the RAH/F9 fight so I am not pulling for one side or the other. I understand that all of you F9 guys are very passionate about this as you should be. You are putting your faith in a management team (BB and Co.) that are not qualified to manage a stand alone airline or your future. More so is the fact that they will hurt all of you and your families the first chance they get just to stroke there ego and bank accounts. Do you think BB got a basketball court in his house by helping out pilot groups. Good luck though guys.

Last edited:
My advise to money 4 nothin is that while your on probation, I would keep your trap shut and log off flight info. I sure everyone at JetBlue already knows who you are.

My advise to money 4 nothin is that while your on probation, I would keep your trap shut and log off flight info. I sure everyone at JetBlue already knows who you are.

We have a fair number of newbie blowhards. But we don't have probation so it's "allowed". They mostly come around after a while.

Latest resources

Back