Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DorkProp

Dork No More!
Geez, I hate spreading rumors, but at this point it's not even a rumor yet. I just want to know if anyone knows more than me.

A fellow pilot today told me he saw an actual article clipped from the NY Times recently that said a United Express carrier has offered to purchase a US Air Express carrier. US Airways said they would be willing to talk. That's all the article said, as far as I know.

I could not find any mention of this on the NYT website, though it's hard to sift through all the archived articles. Nor have I heard any mention of it elsewhere. I couldn't help but speculate that it's ACA and PSA referred to in the article.

who's it gonna be next week?

Last week someone said ACA was planning to buy Air Wisconsin. Anyone else have a good rumor? My neighbor is talking about buying TWA back from American and I heard SWA wants a commuter and has made an offer to buy Great Lakes.

It was great when willflyforfood.com's message board was up. . . you could see this stuff every day. Let's keep this board reserved for genuine information and let the AP handle the rest. Just my .012875

knelson

In light of the Fairchild Dornier notice of Insolvency, doubt that ACA wants anything to do with more Dornier equipment. (See Aviation Week and Space Technology articles.)

Dornier has already missed one delivery date for a Dork Jet to ACA and the company sees the schedule slipping and the whole idea of an all-jet company is vaporizing.

Both United and Delta had informed ACA that they wanted all Jets for future service. The only reason ACA would have taken the wholly owned groups would have been to make United mainline happy and smooth the United / US Airways merger.

Latest resources

Back