Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Deadalus

Painting the grass green
Hers's some rumor fodder. A little birdie said Alaska is eyeing US Airways again. The problem is the East pay snap back. They want the East coast assets but not the East wage snap back. Probably means they have to wait until the whole company tanks and then hope they can outbid Southwest (yeah right). Too bad for the West pilots.

Alaska wants PHX real bad.....just like the rest of the whole world does. The want that powerhouse and then they'll "PSA" the east coast stuff to SWA and JB and AirTran.

FUPM

Ugh, please no!

Alaska is the only hub carrier I actually like riding on. Merging with US Airways would be a culture shock no group could survive.

Alaska, upon boarding, thanks me by name.

US Airways, upon canceling my flight, hands me a card with a phone number on it and tells me they can't help me at the ticket counter.

The difference in service level between these airlines is staggering.

Why PHX? Not much O+D traffic. I would think they'd want PHL or CLT before PHX...

Now now, just wait 'till a westie gets on here and explains to you how valuable PHX is and how they were just fine out there without any of the revenue that gets produced in the east and how they made soooo much money flying outta PHX that they just up and bought USAir (or to hear a famous general tell it, they had enough credit to do it).

No, Alaska wouldn't want all this east coast stuff. Check the books and you'll find that PHX makes all the $$ :laugh:
This is of course why all west pilots feel entitled to fly the left seat of the A330 on trans Atlantic routes that they had no dream of ever flying as America West pilots. It's what they call "Integrity"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back