Rotten fsdo employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO PROBLEM

i don't have a problem with FAA guys that have done flying that is equal to or above the people they are observing/testing/checking.

but i do have a problem with the guys that have not flown anything than a baron part 135, telling me how i or any other part 121 jet/t-prop driver should do our job when they have never done it.

Dominicinco said:
funny thing, our government.. They hire the worst people for some of the most important jobs, ie. DMV and Social Security like mentioned above, Post Office, Transit Workers, TSA!!!
I mean, how save are we with these documents when we have tools running the show... retarded

wel the good ol' USPS... COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC but here it goes:

The other day while I am trying to get rid of the last drops of dignity left in me working as a security guard at a gate... comes the Post Office(er?!) lol and asks me why I don't raise the gate for him in advance when I see him making the turn into the drive way (which I almost always do but did not that time as I was on the phone with a irrate resident). I told him I needed to get his plate and if I am on the phone at the same time I need that additional one second.

here comes the GOOD part get this:

Then he asks me weather I raise the gate for the police and the fire department while they are driving CODE3 (sirens lights etc...). I say yes of course. Then he tells me that USPS is also considered emergency BECAUSE THEY ARE ON THE CLOCK and they have to deliver the mail ON TIME.

I told him to f... off.... of course he complained to my supervisor. The good thing that that guy seems to be on stuff most the time so probably he never understood what is was about.

On the other hand one of me ex CFI now flying for Comair was a former USPS employee and a perfectly sane and cool, fun-to-fly-with guy at the same time. So I am not trying to generalize or pick on USPS... the sotry simply popped up in my mind, it could have been FEDEX or just about anyone else....

outflying1 said:
I'LL SAY THIS UNTIL I DIE, IF YOU GUYS AT THE REGIONALS KEEP SIGNING SUBSTANDARD CONTRACTS, WE AT THE REGIONALS ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE SUBSTANDARD LIVES....STAND UP AND GET A BACKBONE AND TELL THE COMPANY CEO'S TO F-OFF.
Well, first of all, what in hell does this have to do with this thread?

Second, what would you like us regional guys to do? Go out on strike until the company agrees to pay us $110 an hour? Resign in protest? That's a good idea! It shouldn't take management more than a few days to replace us. There're 10,000 guys and gals in Vero Beach, Daytona, Prescott, etc. who'll do my job for two-thrids my salary or less, just to get into the cockpit of an airliner.

You're a friggin' genius!

Now...what were we talking about? Oh yeah. Evil FSDO guys...

Typhoon1244 said:

Second, what would you like us regional guys to do? Go out on strike until the company agrees to pay us $110 an hour? Resign in protest? That's a good idea! It shouldn't take management more than a few days to replace us. There're 10,000 guys and gals in Vero Beach, Daytona, Prescott, etc. who'll do my job for two-thrids my salary or less, just to get into the cockpit of an airliner.
Now...what were we talking about? Oh yeah. Evil FSDO guys...

There's a "list" of all of the people who screwed your dad out of his job. Maybe there could be a "list" of the people who replace you and take jobs for sub-standard wages.

Oh, yea, the FAA sucks.

As a former FAA employee (not Flight Standards) I post this.

What do get when you put 50 government workers and 50 lezbians (spelled to beat the censor) in one room?

100 people who don't do d!ck.

I've had pretty good luck with the Houston office on 2-3 issues where I've worked face to face with their people. Always pretty helpful on the phone, if you can catch them. But they'll call back. This was all pre 9-11 though. Not sure how things are these days.

Was it the Orlando FSDO that was implicated in harrassing a 135 operator and linked to his subsequent fatal crash?

Orlando FSDO

Just renewed CFI there last week. They were quite busy and got me out in 20 minutes. I took the Gleim course. I had to be assertive to get the same day appointment. When I pressed, I got it. I haven't had a bad experience with the FAA, but I still avoid them like the plague.

I have worked with the FLL FSDO very closely for the past 14 years. They are all great guys. If you are that upset then did you get the name of the individual ??? If you are that concerned then I am sure that the management would like to know about it. FLL is a very customer oriented FSDO, just two hours is nothing, get real, sounds to me like you are a spoiled CFI.

Latest resources

Back