Rotary/Engine Out Audible And Light

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uh60james

We have been getting an engine out audio and light on an H60 when taking the #1 engine out of fly, the engine is still at 96% when we get the warning. This does not happen every time we fly. Any avionics or engine guys with ideas why this is happening? We checked all the fuses, all the wires seem normal too. This is just really wierd not of the MTP's have heard of it, wondering if anyone has. Even on other airframes.

Last edited:
I'm not too familiar with the H60, but I'll give this a shot... there should be a speed pickup on the engine, check that. Usually it's just a continuity check for the pickup, then there maybe might be a box called the "low rotor/engine rpm" box or something along that nature(it is in every other civilian helo). If it's not that, Do you guys have EFIS displays? There is probably a cinjunction box or something that that goes into and thats what gives the audible. Try that, it happens a lot on older civilian helciopters, mostly Bell and Agusta, but there is always a junction box that all of those parameters go through.

Working from distant memory here, but I believe the ECU drives the light you're getting, and it's either the Np sensor or the engine alternator (Ng input) that is the input to the ECU which triggers the engine out light.

A couple troubleshooting steps I would have taken way back when would be to reset the harness connectors for the NP sensor and engine alternator at both the sensor end and the ECU end, and see if the problem disappears. If that doesn't work, swapping the ECU side to side and checking to see if the problem moves to the other engine would also tell you something.

Latest resources

Back