• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rolling Rest Flexjet Pilot Alert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny how all of a sudden when the FAA starts cracking down on something the company decides they're going to fix it, and then they make it sound like some kind of favor to us! Gee, thanks for setting up a board to "look into" duty/rest issues so that we can finally at least comply with the minimum FAA regs. I wonder if this has anything to do with our getting a new POI? I heard the old one had like 30-something companies to oversee, and now he's only going to have 1! Doesn't sound at all fishy to me. Maybe I'm just too cynical, this business will do that to you.

Did we get a new POI? I had not heard that, but i'm guessing it is a good thing.

I guess some good came from the rash of rest/duty related ASAP reports over the past few months.

No Rolling Rest!!!!!!!

Rolling Rest?

There's no rolling rest here at Flex......

Just ask Mangmt.... They'll tell ya so.

Keep on Truckin'!

SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:uzi:

No we have the same POI but he has filed for single carrier status so he will now just be over us and none of the other 30 companies he was watching.
We get 10 hours of rest per the regs.Just because the FOM says they can attempt to contact us the first/last 2 hours does not mean we have to answer the phone.

Rest is rest and duty is duty. That is to say, I am either in rest or on duty. This is what needs to be defined.

Wow. Spent $70K to not spend $5K. Wonder what Flex's legal fees were.

Probably enough to discourage them from going after pilots who skip on the contract, or at least the ones who were near the end of their's.

No we have the same POI but he has filed for single carrier status so he will now just be over us and none of the other 30 companies he was watching.
We get 10 hours of rest per the regs.Just because the FOM says they can attempt to contact us the first/last 2 hours does not mean we have to answer the phone.

Hmm, I heard from SC in the training dept that Jay S was moving to OK City to be POI there and he would only have one company to oversee. Don't know where he got his info, maybe there was a bad translation somewhere. I just heard this earlier this week if that helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back