• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rogers AK.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's too bad about the Hoffbrau, I spent my formative years there getting lit and chasing those young hotties

I didn't know there was a Doe's in Northwest Arkansas- but h25b is right to recommend it. That place started out as a hole in the wall in Greenville MS, steaks were so fantastic it got famous. In the south at least.

I though Doe's was a bust. It was highly reccomended to us but I thought the steaks were average at best and not worth the $$. Having spent a lot of time in many southern college towns, I would put Fayetteville at the bottom of my list.

Can't say I disagree with you there, most towns which host SEC universities are rather weak. If you are looking for more cosmopolitan digs with actual stuff to do, go to ATL, AUS, SFO etc, etc. Not too bad for a college town.

FL350 said:
I though Doe's was a bust. It was highly reccomended to us but I thought the steaks were average at best and not worth the $$. Having spent a lot of time in many southern college towns, I would put Fayetteville at the bottom of my list.

You must have caught a bad night, I've always had great steaks there...

As for college towns, they're right Fayetteville ranks pretty low...

h25b said:
You going in to XNA, ASG, FAY, or ROG ???

Furloughed is a friend of mine and has some good suggestions. How long are you there ? If you are going to be around a while I have a couple buddy's that will more than likely be out on the lake if you'd like to go a long and ski...

I think you have my number, give me a call if you'd like...

Man that's real nice of you...I havent been on a ski since I lived in NH. We land in ROG at 4pm and have to take off in the morning so we are pretty limited time wise.

I am going to check out Does and Powerhouse Seafood.

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I lived in NWA for 4 years. If you are only there overnight, and are interested in some good food, I would recommend The Marketplace Grille in Springdale. About 20 minutes from Rogers. I forget the name of the street, but its just southeast of the Holiday Inn in Springdale. When my daughter would come and visit us in Arkansas from California, one of the few local attractions that impressed her was the Marketplace Grille. Hope you enjoy!!

Just found out that I am there next week too.

Where do we stay?
Tried looking for the usually..Marriott/Hilton and no luck anywhere near XNA.
Our scheduler said that everyone recomends the Clarion, but I can't believe that this is the best to be had.

Thanks for the help!!!

There's an Embassy Suites in Rogers which would be as close as anything. XNA is out in the middle of nowhere... Make sure you get a rental car, you'll need it ... Embassy is probably the nicest place but if you stay there it is not close to many restaurants. I would probably go for one of the hotels in the Scottsdale Center in Rogers... A long row of eateries/shopping is right there within walking distance.

I think there's a Candlewood Suites there, or any of them in that center are all pretty much brand new and nice...

Latest resources

Back