• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rogers AK.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Inside of the hotel is about it. Hope there's a nice TV. :)

Unless you want to go to the University of Arkansas and babe watch.

CapnVegetto said:
Unless you want to go to the University of Arkansas and babe watch.

He has no chance with any of the girls there, unless he poses as one of their brothers. :D

I never been to Rogers, Alaska (AK) but I've been to Rogers, Arkansas (AR) many times. Too bad, because I know of lots of things to do there. :)

(copied from Travel conference)

Rogers, Alaska? or Rogers, Arkansas?

If it's Rogers, ARKANSAS (AR) then there's actually a few good places to check out.

Chances are you'll be staying in or near Scottsdale Center in Rogers. This is "hotel row" with numerous hotels and all of the traditional chain restaurants.

Famous Dave's, Applebees, Chili's, On the Border, Outback, etc. There's also a big movie theatre and shopping center there with a Borders bookstore.

If you have a car you can visit downtown Bentonville and hit the Wal-Mart museum (dont laugh, its actually kinda cool!) Right next door there's a diner with some of the best hamburgers i've ever tasted!

Then head to Rogers and go to Andy's Frozen Custard for desert!

Drive south to Springdale to go to the AQ Chicken House! AMAZING country cooking made with Tyson chicken. (Springdale is Tyson HQ).

A little further south is Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas. Plenty of bars and clubs on Dickson Street with all of the college girls you could ask for. (or so i'm told. My wife doesnt let me out)

If you'd rather stay closer to Rogers, the downtown has a nice little live dinner theater. In Nov they're showing "Footloose" (the stage adaptation) Beaver Lake is nearby if you like fishing and boating but if you're into golfing you'll want to visit the Village of Bella Vista. It is right up the road and has a number of challenging golf courses.

Have a great trip!

FurloughedAgain said:
(copied from Travel conference)

Rogers, Alaska? or Rogers, Arkansas?

If it's Rogers, ARKANSAS (AR) then there's actually a few good places to check out.

Chances are you'll be staying in or near Scottsdale Center in Rogers. This is "hotel row" with numerous hotels and all of the traditional chain restaurants.

Famous Dave's, Applebees, Chili's, On the Border, Outback, etc. There's also a big movie theatre and shopping center there with a Borders bookstore.

If you have a car you can visit downtown Bentonville and hit the Wal-Mart museum (dont laugh, its actually kinda cool!) Right next door there's a diner with some of the best hamburgers i've ever tasted!

Then head to Rogers and go to Andy's Frozen Custard for desert!

Drive south to Springdale to go to the AQ Chicken House! AMAZING country cooking made with Tyson chicken. (Springdale is Tyson HQ).

A little further south is Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas. Plenty of bars and clubs on Dickson Street with all of the college girls you could ask for. (or so i'm told. My wife doesnt let me out)

If you'd rather stay closer to Rogers, the downtown has a nice little live dinner theater. In Nov they're showing "Footloose" (the stage adaptation) Beaver Lake is nearby if you like fishing and boating but if you're into golfing you'll want to visit the Village of Bella Vista. It is right up the road and has a number of challenging golf courses.

Have a great trip!

I WISH it was Rogers Alaska, never trust the guy you fly with.

He says we're go'in to Fayetteville.......I hope we dont die.

You going in to XNA, ASG, FAY, or ROG ???

Furloughed is a friend of mine and has some good suggestions. How long are you there ? If you are going to be around a while I have a couple buddy's that will more than likely be out on the lake if you'd like to go a long and ski...

I think you have my number, give me a call if you'd like...

I grew up in Fayetteville. Since I am a native, and went to the U of A, this is probably the one thing I can contribute to this site which would be worth a darn. If you are going anywhere in Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is at worst a twenty minute drive. That might not seem like it is worth it, but I trust all you corporate pilots have spent at least that amount of time on commutes from STL to jetcorp over at Spirit, PWK to downtown, or your morning commute from Southaven MS to MEM (at least I have). Fayetteville is where the action is, don't let anyone tell you different. Dickson street has several places to eat including Ozark Mountain Brewery, and Joses (also great places to get your drink on), for good nightlife, go to the Old Post Office on the square, JR's on block street, or Powerhouse seafood. The Hoffbrau is a great place for a steak, or burger with a decent atmosphere, and Cafe Santa Fe is almost right next door. Almost all of these places are within walking distance of one another, and you can have a great time at any of them. Hit me back if you need directions from the airport to the square. Although I have been in Memphis for quite a while-- my whole family still lives there, so I might be able to help.

Hoffbrau closed last I was there, but I'll second the recommendation for the Powerhouse Seafood.

There's a fantastic steak place right on Dickson St. that for the life of me I can't recall the name of... They also have a location on the west side of South Walton St. in Bentonville. If you want steak that is the place to go in NW Arkansas. I only wish I can think of the name.

O.K... I looked it up for you.. The steak place is called "Doe's Eat Place" ... Try it out.

Latest resources

Back