Rock Star Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justmeinmsp

Who out there moves rock stars around? Are they private 91 operators or 135, or even fractional? Just curious, I always thought that would be fun, or maybe a pain. Does Geffen have a flight department?

When I flew 135 bizjets, we did tours. They were fun, but you were on the road for a very long, long time.

U2 chartered a 727 from Clay Lacy a couple of years ago for their tour.

Bon Jovi (they're still around?) has a Bac 1-11 all painted up. Don't know who's operating it, though. It was sitting at Jet Aviation TEB today.

Flying Rock Stars

Bon Jovi uses (has used) a company called TourJet (www.tourjet.net). Bruce Springsteen owns a share in an NJA DA-2000. I do not know whether TourJet owns planes or just lines up charter operators.

We actually do quite a bit of business for Tourjet. The company is actually run and owned by Bon Jovi's tour manager. They set up trips specifically for Universal Records, Warner Bros, etc.

All the major studios have their own corporate aircraft.

Geffen had a G4 up until the Dream Works deal. The last I heard they were operating a G4 and a Global Express out of VNY.

Re: aerosmith has own G-4

pilot1704 said:
Aerosmith has their own g-4

they are fun to fly , that I have heard!

Back in the 80s I was a lineman and we had Aerosmith come in on a Citation II. The crew left immediately to go to the concert. About 1-1/2 hours later the crew shows back up with six VERY young (15-17 yr old) girls. They told them "come to the airport and you'll meet the band." Well, these girls had plenty to drink and were excited (pardon the pun) at the prospects of meeting the band. Well...each pilot picked out his favorite groupy and took them out behind the hangar where we had an old pickup. Business over, band showing up, they loaded up and left and not one of the girls got to meet any of the group.

So, the plane departed and I'm left with six crying, drunk, 2-used, girls ticked at the world.

Around the same time Bon Jovi was riding around in a G1. I ended up with about 3 seconds of face time on one of their videos and enjoyed a short birthday party aboard the airplane for one of the memebers. Oh to be young again:D

2000Flyer

Which video was that? I remember one of their early videos featuring the GI!

2000 - The crew are my heros ... fun is where you find it. :D

Crash - Your avatar is making me HOT! That's a whole lotta woman ... more than most men could handle ... but I'm not your ordinary bear. :D

Minh

Latest resources

Back