Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Robert Crandall's response to an AA pilot.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yip, please. You are not branded a management shill because of where you work but for what you say. Maybe you can support the line pilots instead of management from time to time.
So we are only supposed to see one side here, that only pro pilot views are allowed to be posted. Only pro union stances? Only all management sucks posts? Is that what I am hearing? I am only posting that management has a role in seeing the company stays in business and that the pilots keep their jobs. They have to make unpopular choices.

So we are only supposed to see one side here, that only pro pilot views are allowed to be posted. Only pro union stances? Only all management sucks posts? Is that what I am hearing? I am only posting that management has a role in seeing the company stays in business and that the pilots keep their jobs. They have to make unpopular choices.

Yip can you post where you've ever sided w/ line pilots on FI?

Pilots celebrate the mgmt's that accomplish this "keeping of jobs" ethically- the Herbs and bethunes of the world-

Does AA's actions or leadership resemble theirs? Does AA's bottom line weakening bonuses even meet your own criteria? How has This AA mgmt group done anything in the last decade and a half to "keep jobs" for anyone?

Please answer specifically if you can.

Yip can you post where you've ever sided w/ line pilots on FI?

Pilots celebrate the mgmt's that accomplish this "keeping of jobs" ethically- the Herbs and bethunes of the world-

Does AA's actions or leadership resemble theirs? Does AA's bottom line weakening bonuses even meet your own criteria? How has This AA mgmt group done anything in the last decade and a half to "keep jobs" for anyone?

Please answer specifically if you can.

Isn't this one kinda in support of the line pilot?

You have just reinforced what I have said all along. Age is not the sole determinate of a pilot’s capability. We all know that there are pilots under 60 that are in far worse physical condition those pilots over 60.

Setting the age a 65 has not effected airline safety one bid. In fact as per post above the NTSB says the retention of experience in the cockpit plays a major part in the high level of safety.

Back to my post if this is all about the highest possible level of safety, we take the age of pilot that experiences an in-flight incapacitation, say a heart attack at age 47, and that becomes the new retirement age.

Otherwise this is all about get out of my seat, but can not say that, it is too greedy, So we protest age 65 in the name of safety, because who can be against safety? It is like motherhood and patriotism.

How about management basing?

Airline management that does not count multi-crewed, IFR, multi-engine helo time in total flight time are so stupid that they consider VFR C-150 the breakfast of champions in picking who is best qualified.

BTW I think SWA fits into that category

Isn't this one kinda in support of the line pilot?

You have just reinforced what I have said all along. Age is not the sole determinate of a pilot’s capability. We all know that there are pilots under 60 that are in far worse physical condition those pilots over 60.

Setting the age a 65 has not effected airline safety one bid. In fact as per post above the NTSB says the retention of experience in the cockpit plays a major part in the high level of safety.

Back to my post if this is all about the highest possible level of safety, we take the age of pilot that experiences an in-flight incapacitation, say a heart attack at age 47, and that becomes the new retirement age.

Otherwise this is all about get out of my seat, but can not say that, it is too greedy, So we protest age 65 in the name of safety, because who can be against safety? It is like motherhood and patriotism.
No, that's not really pre-pilot, you were arguing the issues of the age limit on Part 121 passenger flying and is way off-topic of this issue anyway. You weren't saying anything about pilots being due a fair wage as compared to their peers and the profitability of their company, which is something most of us would consider pro-pilot but which is something you've never posted.

How about management basing?

Airline management that does not count multi-crewed, IFR, multi-engine helo time in total flight time are so stupid that they consider VFR C-150 the breakfast of champions in picking who is best qualified.

BTW I think SWA fits into that category
No, that's a HR hiring decision issue. Not senior airline management who runs the company, makes hard decisions in difficult times on routes and schedules to keep or chop, yet after making BAD decisions STILL rewards themselves with huge bonuses, only FURTHER deteriorating the company's financial position, all because THEY think THEY deserve it.

So explain to me how a pilot with a bankrupt carrier thinking they deserve a large salary increase equivalent to their peers is any different than a failing CEO thinking they deserve a certain compensation package even though they've run an airline nearly 15 years into the red so far they have to file bankruptcy?

I just don't believe AA pilots should take a FURTHER pay cut while management gets millions in bonuses and payouts after terrible performance. Additionally, Management should have their bonuses based SOLELY on the YEARLY performance of the airline and pilots, likewise, should get a cut of that too above their salary base (just like SWA does with employee profit sharing). Perform good? Make more money. Perform bad, you just get your base salary. Whether you're a pilot or management.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Last edited:
didn't the UAAL pilots sell their stock to take a profit and gave up control?

You could not sell the shares that you had. The deal really never gave Employees control for very long and eventually there control was deluded. The price they got the shares at was way above the market price and you could not sell until you retired. All the shares were voided in BK.

So upper management pillages a company, that is life, what can be done about it? Make posts about how all pilots are being screwed and it is time to take action to prevent this.

My career has been driven into the ground by managment, gov't defense cutbacks, broken contracts, and unions so many times, I don't think I can count that high. 11 jobs in the 20 years after I left the Navy. That is life, you move on and don't burn any energy about thing you have no control over.

Highly complacent attitude and not sage advice if you were in a concentration camp, enslaved/segregated, unable to vote due to gender/race, getting taxed by some other country, etc.

Highly complacent attitude and not sage advice if you were in a concentration camp, enslaved/segregated, unable to vote due to gender/race, getting taxed by some other country, etc.

After 11 jobs since leaving the Navy, I have adopted another slogan, "Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed” I know it sounds like having no drive, ambition or goals, but that is not the case. There is so much in this business you have absolutely no control over, these effect your job. To fret unnecessarily over those things causes ulcers, it is not worth it. Getting depressed over stupid things that you have no control over is not worth it. By expecting nothing, it will always be better than nothing. Life is a ball.

No one said anything about getting depressed over it.

People are, however, advocating holding a hard-line union stance until management agrees to share in the failure, as well as success, of the airline. You should have no problem with that... if management is successful, everyone wins. If management can't manage, they lose as well as the employees.

Fair is fair after all...

No one said anything about getting depressed over it.

People are, however, advocating holding a hard-line union stance until management agrees to share in the failure, as well as success, of the airline. You should have no problem with that... if management is successful, everyone wins. If management can't manage, they lose as well as the employees.

Fair is fair after all...

My concern in all this AA stuff is that by being aggressive, the union pilots might lose their jobs. of course the union bosses won't lose theirs...but I am accused of being anti line pilot for suggesting they might want to keep what they have and live to fight another day when the economy is stronger. Yip gets ripped the same way, as if his opinions are proof he doesn't care just because his conclusions are different than yours.

And I'd say men afraid to "lose" are the real reason behind the slide of this career- where men unafraid standing up to unbelievable theft built this career.

Did you look up the "management retention bonuses" yet dude?

At what point would you stand up for yourself? Probably never hence the job merry go round you've been on

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back