• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Roar from 44" on ASA travel benefits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just as JoeMerchant just stated...I don't believe ASA has a problem with S3C on Delta as long it goes both ways. That is really industry standard. I think the "rumor" that Delta would bump ASA on an ASA flight is what has everyone worked up?

I am relatively new to this industry so forgive this question....

Were Delta pilots ever offered the opportunity to fly the 50 seat jets (in the beginning)? If so, why would delta pilots allow so much of there flying to be out-sourced?

DAL737FO- I wonder how that DAL Flight Attendant will feel getting bumped out of XNA? I have hauled many a DAL crewmember this holiday season. It cuts both ways when it comes to pass benefits. I don't consider it a God given right but part of my benefits package. Fly safe, cheers-

~~~^~~~ said:
Tuna Pimp:

Certainly DL is a great partner for ASA. But, if you recall, ASA was around & profitable since long before the DL code share agreement.
ASA wasn't around for too long before the DAL code share agreement, something like 5 years, with not too many aircraft. I believe we were founded in 1979, and the code share started in 1984. I doubt that George and John would have stuckit out without the DAL agreement, and we both know that we wouldn't be 1/100th as big as we are now without it.

wil said:
DAL737FO- I wonder how that DAL Flight Attendant will feel getting bumped out of XNA? I would imagine that he/she would be pissed like we all are when we don't get on a flight. I have hauled many a DAL crewmember this holiday season. I would imagine that Delta mainline has hauled many ASA crewmembers as well what's your point? It cuts both ways when it comes to pass benefits. Yes it does. I don't consider it a God given right but part of my benefits package. Now you've got to be kidding me. So if Delta had sold you to let's say American, you would demand date of hire pass privledges on American and Delta? You just want to continue to have DOH passes because you feel like you've been cheated by possibly getting what your new parent company gets. Fly safe, cheers-

I still don't understand how anyone can be ticked off if you get S3C (like SkyWest has on Delta now) while flying on Delta and Delta employees get S3C's when flying on ASA.

DAL737FO said:
I still don't understand how anyone can be ticked off if you get S3C (like SkyWest has on Delta now) while flying on Delta and Delta employees get S3C's when flying on ASA.

I pretty sure thats what 90% of the people what.

737- Why did Worldspan get grandfathered while the new employees get the new travel benefits?
And, American did not buy us but Skywest did and we continue to feed Delta.
I just flew with a Delta furloughee. Would you want him on DOH S3 or S3C?
I am just hoping to be grandfathered, nothing more. In fact, you can have my S2's I rarely use them. Cheers-

Ookaaay!

I pretty sure thats what 90% of the people what.
I think you may of had to many :beer:

wil said:
737- Why did Worldspan get grandfathered while the new employees get the new travel benefits?
And, American did not buy us but Skywest did and we continue to feed Delta.
I just flew with a Delta furloughee. Would you want him on DOH S3 or S3C?
I am just hoping to be grandfathered, nothing more. In fact, you can have my S2's I rarely use them. Cheers-

Actually that furloughee that you just flew was as an S3B not S3. I tell you what you get our furloughee's S3 DOH passes back then I will agree.

S3C or S3....

I would love for the company to just come forward and tell us the truth. It appears they are not giving the full story because they are worried about something. I would imagine, they are affraid of a mass exodus of Overworked and Underpaid Flight Attendants. A lot of F/A's stay for the travel benefits.

Latest resources

Back