• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rjet update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't need to impress you, you fly a BIG jet. That pay was on 50 seat rates that were negotiated(2002) when you were still at Mesa. Why do you think that F9 guys are going to be displaced to the 190's? Who said that....they will continue to operate the Airbuses with a rate increase and a contract extension.

So I'll ask you, you say you deserve what you earn. If you company goes tits up what do you deserve then? The right to be senior to me becasue you flew a bigger aircraft the was not economical enough to compete within the industry. According to your flawed logic, the short answer is YES. This is the case with Midwest not F9. Which are you more upset with, that fact that we bought a failing airline in the Midwest brand or the fact that with the purchase of F9 I might have the opportunity to fly an Airbus?
The only thing I may have sidestepped is interviewing with F9 to fly for them.

I'm sorry.....Which carrier was bought in BANKRUPTCY and which one was fleeced by TPG/Bedford of its $180million in cash?

What is it you think seniority should be based on if not (1) Time in the industry...If we redefine "Seniority" to exclude experience, time in type, time in the industry, etc., then what's the definition?
You're right: words do have meaning. Seniority, in aviation, is "time at current carrier." If we received "seniority" for time in industry and experience I wouldn't have to start at the bottom of the list again...I'd be back at RAH with 3.5 years in my base of choice on the certificate of choice. Instead, I'm at the bottom, new-hire pay, off certificate and in last choice of base. Factor in your "Time in Industry" suggestion I'd be light years ahead of where I'd been before. I've been in a merger, shut-downs, furloughs; you pick yourself up, dust off your boots and keep going.

However, that is not to say that I think F&E is unjustified...anything but! All the Locals have an obligation to ensure as many crews are working before, during and after the transaction(s) close. And they have the responsibility to ensure that the "new" company has a seniority list that reflects the experience, time in service and as much career potential as possible. (Think Republic/NW wide-body restrictions.)

The only way to ensure it's a fair integration is to measure the number of people pissed off. The more, the fairer.

If you company goes tits up what do you deserve then? The right to be senior to me becasue you flew a bigger aircraft the was not economical enough to compete within the industry. According to your flawed logic, the short answer is YES.
That's like saying SkyBus drivers should get to come in to any airline that flies a Bus with their "experience."

Last edited:
I can tell you the vast majority of the FA's at YX are pissed at their MEC Chair. It appears as though she's only fighting for the few left active on the close of the transaction...so 2/3 of the FA's are SOL--from their own MEC no less. She doesn't care what happens to them as she's ironically gunning for an AFA National position.

I realize pilot hiring is a very different process than for FA's, but at RAH we're reaching out to the furloughed FA's at F9/YX to encourage them to come on with us. They're not required to resign their # and if, after it all shakes out, their "original #" is better, they take it; if the RAH number is better, take it.

Frankly, we NEED the YX FA's. While RAH FA's can "be" any airline they represent/code-share for, it's imperative that the YX FA's are there to pass on their experience and "style" that is Midwest...especially in the "re-fleeting" of the brand.

Please know that the vast majority of crews and employees are eager to fairly integrate the entire RAH operation and to ensure people are productively working and finding success in their efforts.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled pissing-contest.

You're right: words do have meaning. Seniority, in aviation, is "time at current carrier."

I'm fine with that.

My current carrier isn't going away; it's being purchased.

I don't expect to jump ahead of anyone who's senior to me at my current carrier. I don't expect to use my seniority at my current carrier to jump ahead of anyone at a different carrier. I also don't expect someone from a different carrier to use his/her seniority at that different carrier to jump ahead of me.

Works for me.

Latest resources

Back