RJDC, Scope, Jets, Etc, etc, etc.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ted

I don't want to pick on you personally so don't take it that way, yet there is something I read in your posts and in most of the mainline pilot posts that is a big part of this problem.

Underlying your words (and most of their's) is one thing; ME. The focus of everything is ME.

A union is not about ME it is about WE! When you call me your "brother" yet don't hesitate to take actions that screw me so that you can get the inheritance, you're not a brother.

Our entire union has changed from a large group of pilots determined to help each other, to a bunch of individual cells willing to do anything to anyone as long as they get a few more $$ for themselves.

It's not the regional pilots that need a new union, it's the mainline pilots. Each group of them needs to form it's own union (like American) and serve their own interests. They have destroyed the "brotherhood" that once was the ALPA.

It is NOT a conspiracy against regional pilots, that's not what I mean. They do it to each other at every opportunity as well and there's a long history of that, particularly since deregulation. I could name you dozens of incidents where one group of mainline pilots has screwed another group of mainline pilots. At the moment they are collectively doing it to regional pilots, but it's all part of the "new generation" that has taken over. It Sucks!

What we need is to get the WE back into the meaning of Union, and dump the ME! If we can't do that, the term "union" as it relates to ALPA becomes an oxymoron.

Last edited:
Surplus,
I coudn't have said it better myself. If people would start thinking of people other than themselves, I think it would be better for EVERYONE.

Latest resources

Back