• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

RJDC 6/26 update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem I see is that yes you have 12 cockpit types and 20 sims. If you guys had to sim ride on your interview or were to have jeopardy rides every six months , half of you idiots would not be employed and delta could be making money. How can you look down on us when on a check ride they train you back to proficiency, a three day check ride, come on now! . Must be nice, You need to learn how to work for living The bad thing is that you get paid way to much for nothing, and you are killing delta. Get off you @SS an do something to help out, you babies!!!!!!!!!!

If you put 70s at DAL, aren't you going to have to add a training program for the airplane? I don't imagine it would be as easy as hopping over to the FSI sims and using the Comair or ASA curriculum.

The point being, it would be cheaper to keep them all with DCI than add a new fleet type to your certificate.

E120ASA,

Ok, what? A lot of our pilots have been bumped up and down in the last 3 years--resulting in more training on NEW AIRCRAFT than you have ever done. We are doing everything we can to bring in revenue for Delta, but then they do other things like stock buy backs ($2.5 billion worth) before 9-11, and then selling off our fuel hedges, oh yeah---and the Comair strike. It is all our fault! (Didn't we just bring together 40 creditors and vendors to help out? We are doing nothing? Yeah, ok!)Whatever....You sound like the baby.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee vbmenu_register("postmenu_368953", true);

Did you know the difference between God and Delta Pilot? God doesn't think he is a Delta Pilot. WAHHHH.

General Lee said:
--and a lot of guys on the DCI side don't seem to want our furloughs to come back---that is too bad. A lot of them used to fly for Comair and ASA.

Bye Bye--General Lee
General, which is it, are we separate?

Yes, we have a problem with ALPA awarding "super seniority" on the DCI seniority lists. We have 40 Captains that will be displaced off the ATR's, but talk is that left seat slots might be grabbed by Delta pilots as they take the "openings."

So 40 ASA Captains end up in the right seat for 10 years to "make room" for pilots who decided to leave ASA? How is that fair?

~~~^~~~

Fins,

You will have 40 Capts displaced off of the AT7, and how many senior Delta Captains were displaced off of the MD-11, L1011, and 727? Give me a break. It sucks--no doubt, but we have seen it worse with guys that started flying when you were in pre-school. Everything since 9-11 has been a nightmare. Aren't you getting 25 new CRJs? Can those AT7 guys go to the CRJ? And, if ASA is keeping some of the AT7s--then the senior guys can stay on the rest of them--and the junior guys will bid CRJ Capt. Sounds like you will be getting more CRJs than losing AT7s. Doesn't sound as bad as parking all of the MD-11s---does it? All of those pilots were super senior---and the ripples that came down were huge.

I don't know what would happen with a J4J type senario---I don't know. But, since we are being targeted currently---then I bet Delta and Dalpa will come up with something for NEW aircraft. As far as the guys that left Comair and ASA for Delta and then were furloughed---it was due to 9-11----something that has never happened before and hopefully won't again. If they knew something was going to happen, and still left---that would be their fault. It was an unforseen event that was tragic----and I am glad that ASA allowed some of them to go to the bottom of your list. That was nice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
Aren't you getting 25 new CRJs? Can those AT7 guys go to the CRJ?
No, because ALPA will not permit ASA to have any scope over the flying we perform. We have lost over 100 lines on the CRJ200 in Atlanta due to the infusion of Comair into ATL.

We can hope that this J4J deal comes down with "new" airplanes, but that does not seem to be the program. Of course, I am only guessing because ALPA has locked my MEC out of negotiations that involve my seniority list, my pay and my working conditions.

General - if your pack of predators wants our airplanes, they may have them. You simply must take the pilots who have been flying Delta passengers for 25 years as part of the deal.

E120A$$,

The problem I see is that yes you have 12 cockpit types and 20 sims. If you guys had to sim ride on your interview or were to have jeopardy rides every six months , half of you idiots would not be employed and delta could be making money.

Pretty gutsy post. What would you know about Delta training?

Why do you think that you get jeopardy rides and a sim in your interview?

Think about it.

Jets 4 jobs....you have got to be kidding, right? ASA contract talks have taken a pretty dark turn, no one is interested in making money for DAL (until a good contract is signed, AND actually HONORED by the company).

I am only one of 1583 pilots, but I will NOT vote for J4J.

You want to drive DAL to BK, let management and ALPA national keep pushing ASA pilots toward a strike....what the he11, what's another $700 million.

I have not worked as hard as I have, simply to hand over the premium slots to junior Delta pilots, no sir.

~~~^~~~ said:
No, because ALPA will not permit ASA to have any scope over the flying we perform. We have lost over 100 lines on the CRJ200 in Atlanta due to the infusion of Comair into ATL.

We can hope that this J4J deal comes down with "new" airplanes, but that does not seem to be the program. Of course, I am only guessing because ALPA has locked my MEC out of negotiations that involve my seniority list, my pay and my working conditions.

General - if your pack of predators wants our airplanes, they may have them. You simply must take the pilots who have been flying Delta passengers for 25 years as part of the deal.
FIns,

Do you really want to be a part of the marauding DAL herd? If they did take us in, it would only be a token acceptance. With the next economic downturn, they would gut us like a deer they just shot.

DAL used to be a premium place to work (as did UAL, AA, USA), now it is a desperately sick and contagious patient---I want as much space as possible.

Latest resources

Back