• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riverside Flight Center (Tulsa, OK)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never heard anything about that school, but I did my private and commercial at Riverside (Spartan) back in '89 and '90. It's a good airport to train at. Fairly heavy traffic (mostly student), and close enough to TUL that you get to deal with ATC on a daily basis. As soon as you cross over the 71st street bridge departing out to the North, you are in TUL's airspace, so you get alot of experience with that.

If I'm thinking of the right place, yes I have heard of it and the owner seems like a really decent guy. As far as the airport goes it's the busiest in the state. Something like 800+ ops a day, so be prepared to sit in line on the good days.

I was there about three weeks ago at 8 pm or so for a quick touch-and-go and there were 4 or 5 planes in the pattern (couldn't understand what half of them were saying--I think Spartan is pretty heavy on foreign students) and another 3 waiting to take off.

Hope that helps.

MFR

Spartan is VERY heavy on foreign students... always have been. I have to hand it to the RVS controllers, they manage to sort out all that jiberish on the radio and figure out what everyone is doing, and are USUALLY very patient. I can remember sitting in line a few times for 15 to 20 minutes on good flying days back when I was a student there. You definitely get a lot of experience operating in a high traffic environment flying there. On a pretty weekend, you'll have everything under the sun in the pattern at once... students, experimentals, warbirds, corporate jets you name it. You never know what you're gonna see on the ramp.

uhm... test

**edit.. i dont' freakin believe it.

Over half of the thread got deleted. WHY?

No wonder cle*ar and a m*illion is better.

What kind of hoaky f#cked up bullsh!t is this?? The idiots that are running this place are running it straight into the ground. NO wonder CLEAR AND A MILLION IS GROWING BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS!!! EDIT THAT, A$$HOLES!!

agpilot34 said:
What kind of hoaky f#cked up bullsh!t is this?? The idiots that are running this place are running it straight into the ground. NO wonder CLEAR AND A MILLION IS GROWING BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS!!! EDIT THAT, A$$HOLES!!

You and mattpilot can go to clear and a million, and don't come back. This board is a FREE service supported by advertisers. There are other things worth complaining about in this world, but a website discussion board malfunction IS NOT one of them. Did you know the founder and creator of this board was KILLED in a mid-air collision in Ohio this fall? He left a wife and at least one child behind, with another on the way. Please, have a little respect for him and his family this Christmas.

BTW is Riverside Flight Academy where ProFlight used to be, next to Christiansen Aviation? Do not rent at Christiansen, their maintenance SUCKS and contributed to a colleague's engine fire in one of their Duchesses and his accident and Death. Is Robertson still around at RVS? Good planes but Deanna is a character, Robertson is good once you get used to her.

Crossky said:
You and mattpilot can go to clear and a million, and don't come back. This board is a FREE service supported by advertisers. There are other things worth complaining about in this world, but a website discussion board malfunction IS NOT one of them.

Right. Can't argue with that. :rolleyes:

BTW is Riverside Flight Academy where ProFlight used to be, next to Christiansen Aviation? Do not rent at Christiansen, their maintenance SUCKS and contributed to a colleague's engine fire in one of their Duchesses and his accident and Death. Is Robertson still around at RVS? Good planes but Deanna is a character, Robertson is good once you get used to her.

Christiansen isn't the best in the world, but it isn't the worst either. I got plenty of hours at christiansen. Their planes are in OK condition - nothing to rave about, but good for the price they are charging.

As for the duchess accident. I don't suppose you are talking about the one where there was a engine failure over/near OKM where the pilot elected to NOT land at OKM and procede to RVS, and then attempt a go-around on one engine, with the end result of a Vmca roll?

Yea, i can see how that is christiansens fault.

Christiansen's planes are not the best. The get the job done, hopefully. I rented a few from there, and denied one plane for missing screws in the cowling (about 6 or so screws, dont remember). And on one of them the engine started sputering after takeoff at night, and in the same plane the wing made creeking noises after landing (no it wasnt a hard landing either, it was a perfect landing). Lets just say i wont fly that plane anymore!

Latest resources

Back