Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok...

Fair enough Howard and Wave.

We would all be hurt but you are right about charging for bags, it's a way out.

I honestly believe another trip through BK wouldn't be in our future if that went down. We have flexibility now.

Your in a much better place now than in 2000.

I don't think SW would file for BK or even furlough either. 3.5 Billion in the bank and owning around 75% of the fleet outright give flexibility too.

Quite true Red...

Here's my beef with SWA....

There was a definite drive to put a stake in the heart of my airline. I know it's capitalism but it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

We are all pulling for industry profitability and I am glad SWA is in the same boat my airline is...making money without effing your neighbors.

Quite true Red...

There was a definite drive to put a stake in the heart of my airline..

I don't want to assume Bill, are talking about ATL, or just in general?

SW is always a competitor, not doubt. But there's no way that we could effect DL that much. We will both continue along our separate paths. Sometimes that path may cross, but many times it doesn't.

Think he's referring to D Parker.
Right bill?

Quite true Red...

There was a definite drive to put a stake in the heart of my airline. I know it's capitalism but it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

We are all pulling for industry profitability and I am glad SWA is in the same boat my airline is...making money without effing your neighbors.

Remember Song, United Shuttle, MetroJet, Delta Express? Yeah, nobody's been trying to kill us the past 20 years. Maybe now you know how it feels, and why I could care less about the life of a few airlines. Too many people with blood on their hands trying to wash it off.

Canyon

Remember delta express operated by Compass back in 2014?- flew E-170/175's up and down the west coast as the most serious threat to our shuttle route since the united shuttle-

Hey Canyon and Wave: Remember Eastern Airlines Shuttle? Yeah, they were trying to put you out of business with their shuttle back in 1961:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Air_Lines_Shuttle

Oh wait, you didn't exist then... These things you think are proprietary to SWA have been done before. The main thing you really do "own" is bringing no pension to our profession.

You missed completely on this point.

This model was not designed to compete against a successful competitor.

All the other "shuttle" type spinoffs by the majors in the nineties was in direct response to Southwest's success with their business model.

Don't forget Continental Lite either. :)

Last edited:
You missed completely on this point.

This model was not designed to compete against a successful competitor.

All the other "shuttle" type spinoffs by the majors in the nineties was in direct response to Southwest's success with their business model.

Don't forget Continental Lite either. :)

Thanks, almost forgot that one. Apparently Flopgut has too.

Remember Song, United Shuttle, MetroJet, Delta Express? Yeah, nobody's been trying to kill us the past 20 years. Maybe now you know how it feels, and why I could care less about the life of a few airlines. Too many people with blood on their hands trying to wash it off.

Comeon Canyon...

Like any of those really were a threat? Stoooopid management tricks was all that was. They blame us unions for not being able to match your wages or workrules.....sorry, I wasn't willing to play along.

Latest resources

Back