RIP AirTran. Nostalgia thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was the Cock of the Walk.

Or in your case; the Talk of the Cock. What a happy coincidence, and an excellent segue to my favorite AirTran moment - The (full) service monkey in business class.

?

Last edited:
Well, if you really want to get nostalgic...

Classless post. I pray no one ever throws hazmat on your bird without telling you. Get lost you despicable troll. It was probably you in the bar in BUF a few years ago ...going off about FLT 592 without any clue as to what you were talking about. Someone should have rapped you on the beak then and be thankful for the anonymity of the Internet now.

Say what you want about the management but I worked at the Tran for 8 years before going over to SWA and the people I worked with were great. With that being said I just finished my first year at SWA and I have been treated fantastic as well

Enjoyed 2 years 8 months at AAI between COEX and CAL. When I fly with an FO now at UAL who is completely out of his/her mind that the special crew meal that he/she ordered on CCS prior to the trip did not arrive and the "standard" breakfast/Lunch/Dinner was loaded Im reminded of just how much we accomplished with so little at AirTran in the early 2000's. Interesting characters for sure occupied the left seats when I was in the right. Proud to have flown there. Wish all the best to those who have transitioned to SWA.

"72194"

Great crews, jump seated on the 717 a lot. I always felt like I had to interview with DL to ride their jump seat. Business class was great, whiskey and XM radio after a brutal 4 day at ASA. Wasn't the guy who wrote 4 day follies a AT pilot? Funny stuff. Good luck.

Interesting characters for sure occupied the left seats when I was in the right. "72194"

Just be glad you only had to fly with them occasionally, some of us flew with them every day and are looking forward to flying with the same a$$h0le captains everyday again for the rest of our lives! :).

Yeah, 'Four Day Follies' was written by an Air Tran FO. I flew with him many times. Funny stories. Good times at Air Tran.

Classless post. I pray no one ever throws hazmat on your bird without telling you. Get lost you despicable troll. It was probably you in the bar in BUF a few years ago ...going off about FLT 592 without any clue as to what you were talking about. Someone should have rapped you on the beak then and be thankful for the anonymity of the Internet now.

Say what you want about the management but I worked at the Tran for 8 years before going over to SWA and the people I worked with were great. With that being said I just finished my first year at SWA and I have been treated fantastic as well

Well put. Agree 100%

Regds,
TW

Latest resources

Back