RIP AirTran. Nostalgia thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BYE BYE Tranny!

I do find it classless for any pilot who didn't fly at air tran to chime in with a dig on a cool thread like this.

That said, Cock of the Walk, is never a classless dig.

Ever.

;)

Even on the day of the funeral, you continue your asinine banter.
You truly are a jackhole

Back in the early days of the new 717's, they always gave me a ride to work and back, never bumped.
Old Captains rolling the seat back to read his Paper, the FO and I busy looking for RA's.
New ATL hangar with such Pride.
Crew Schedulers that always tried to be the best and helpful without irritation..
Flying J/s on the last 737-200 flight into MCO..

Flying J/s on the last 737-200 flight into MCO..

I rode the j/s once on an A/T 737-200 flight into MCO. The captain was one of the coolest and funniest guys I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

He bounced the landing at MCO, and as he's wrestling it back to the runway he's having a running commentary going something like "Whoa Nelly! She's a bucking bronco for sure today! Simmer down there girl!". I don't remember exactly, but it was darn funny to hear while it was happening, and nice he wasn't taking himself too seriously over a less than perfect landing, unlike what a lot of folks do.

As we taxied up to the gate, he opened the side window and started waving at all the kids in the window who were watching us arrive (I know I know, Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?). Seriously though, they loved it and I thought it was a nice touch.

Every airline has its pros and cons, but I have nothing but good memories of A/T, whether riding as a paying passenger or jumpseating on them. Long live the memory of A/T.

I flew at some bad ones. Airtran by far the worst. Be suspicious of anyone who has anything good to say about it.

Airtran might not have been the nicest to work for, but the people I worked with made it fun and enjoyable. This is obvious stuff, which leads me to believe you probably were a tool or an angry doosh at airlines 1-4 and at the Tranz.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back