right seat of T-prop to left seat RJ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Want more? Here comes.

Instead of asking us, who have never met or flown with you, ask the guys you fly with and your ex captains who have since gone to the RJ. They would be the best source to give you "qualified" suggestions on what they feel you're capable of. Not to mention yourself. If transitioning to Captain was only learning the systems and how to fly the airplane, almost anyone could do it. More importantly, the decision making and judgement is more difficult . I personally feel that it's initially easier to learn to fly an airplane from the left seat as opposed to learning in the right, then going to the left. Everything you initially learned is opposite.

Finally, if you decide to do it, STUDY. Then study some more. Know the systems, lights and switches, SOP's, limitations, ect, ect down COLD. Then, all you'll have to do is fly the plane and show sound judgement and good decision making skills. If your flying skills are good, then you should have no problems provided you TOTALLY prepare yourself before you start the training. It's very hard but very rewarding.........Go for it!

side stick-n,

Thanks for all the advice. I will definitely be talking to people who I've flown with and who have gone through the training. And as any chance to even upgrade is probably a year away, I'll be thinking about it alot and figuring out if I'm up to it. My posting on this board is just a first-step, and also a chance get input from people outside my little circle of friends. Also, I don't know anyone personally who has done it, so the info from people who have is great.
Thanks again and fair skies.

Latest resources

Back