• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Riding in the back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had another flight home where there were two guys that had come in from somewhere in Africa where, apparently, bathing wasn't a normal part of the day. I am not kidding when those two guys stunk up that whole coach section of a 757. Just think jr high locker room times 10.

During my ACA days, I was jumpseating once one a US Airways mainline flight from CLT-IAD. I was put in first class. I was trying to do a crossword puzzle and the passenger wouldn't stop talking to me. After 30 minutes he introduced himself He said he was Willard Scott. I then asked him, when I turn 100, will you put me on a smuckers jar? His response was "IF I am till around when you turn 100, I will put both our pictures on Smuckers jars."

The other memorable time was once I was sitting in the back and was chatting with the guys in the row across from me. I then realized it was PAt Simmons and Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers.

I'm commuting in uniform after a long trip. I got my ear plugs in and my face mashed against the fuselage. I am sleeping so hard I'm drooling. The broad next to me wakes me up. She's crying and wants to know how I can sleep when we are all going to die. We are in light, maybe occasional moderate, and she freakin' wakes me? I fall back asleep, only to be woken every five minutes all the way to TPA. She was a freak. I don't think she quit crying the whole time. Freak.

Who cares, the real question is, was she hot?

Several years ago I was deadheading from SFO to work back when we had the old remote terminal that the peeps would be bused out to from gate 87A. It was a nice day so I just stood outside in front of the aircraft and every now and then turn and give a nod as they boarded. Out of the corner of my eye I caught sight of a skinny gal with a smoking rack and I turned my full attention to her. Long legs, short skirt and a plunging neckline with some major cleavage. I also noticed the designer watch and major rocks in the rings and jewelry. After taking it all in I then finally noticed "it's" hands and prominant adam's apple. Whoahhhhhhhhhhh! I kept looking and was in disbelief and was really trying to determine if there was a y chromosome in this mix. "It" smiled at me and when I boarded and sat towards the back "she" turned and faced me and pointed to the empty seat across the aisle from "her". Even though I'm still not sure to this day, that feeling that something was amiss had to be followed. Soon another peep boarded and sat in the seat that "it" had pointed to and they were soon in deep conversation. As the FA started making her sweep of the cabin I passed her a note asking "Is 5A a dude?". After take off she came back and handed me a note that said "If it is he looks damned good!" Best part was when we were pulling into the gate and "it" gave this poor guy a note with what I'd guess was a phone number. :)

Who cares, the real question is, was she hot?

I was in the terminal and this lady with a spaghetti strap top and big ole after-market, bolt-ons, was asking me where something was. I couldnt help but look at her new set of fakies. I answered her questions, then when headed off, I told her...."by the way, they look great". She turned back with a big smile and said "thanks".

Got on a Southwest flight going back home. Some lady sitting on the right side aisle seat says the, "aren't you going the wrong way" typical comment. I just smiled and sat down in the only open seat....the left side aisle seat across from her. While I'm getting off the plane after a 4.5 hour flight she looks at me and says "Nice landing"!!! Ummmm did you not remember me sitting next to you for over 4 hours!!

I had another flight home where there were two guys that had come in from somewhere in Africa where, apparently, bathing wasn't a normal part of the day. I am not kidding when those two guys stunk up that whole coach section of a 757. Just think jr high locker room times 10.

Its a lot worse flying 6 legs a day around the equator with 50 of them behind you...

Dead azz tired on the commute home I am sitting next to the lav and some drunk decides to go smoke a square, no one will ever know right? Well he sets off the lav smoke detector and all hell breaks loose. Pull up to the gate and the cops and some guy in a cheap suit yank him out of line. Guy picked the wrong flight as there was a Fed in the jump! Funny thing was I slept through the whole thing and the FA had to fill in the gaps for me! That was some good sleep.

Hummer in the bathroom. That was my most memorable.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back