Rich P-F-T ad

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
American Flyers

I saw that ad, too. Now, you see those ads all the time. Probably this will invite some discussion. It seems a bit too good to be true, but if you're extremely current, as in just off Commercial ride(s) and absolutely current on your knowledge, it could be done.

In any regional airline or whatever PFT is usually an effort to keep new pilots from leaving the company and going to greener pastures. With one that is legit the company puts up the money and the "dept owed" goes away after a specific amount of time.As a bonus you will find that the legit ones pay you while you are in training which is a big bonus when you have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay.:)

Or you could just treat your employes right. Pay them a fair wage and treat them like real people with feelings and not like little kids and you'll find that they are much more likely to stay around.

Amen

You could say that for many other businesses besides aviation. Once again, I've been there and done that.

I would have never p-f-t. I have signed training contracts and would have done so again, under the right circumstances.

I guess what I was really talking about is a training contract not PFT. PFT you put the money up front and it is the money that gives you the "slot" not your ability or experience. I have never done that, I did sign a "training contract" for my 737 type as it was at Boeing. All it said was I had to stay with the company for one year, like I really had anywhere else to go....why would I leave when I was offered a 737 with 0 hours on it-brand new.

Latest resources

Back