Rhodes @ BAK looking for Convair 640 pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear Wanna Be said:
Must be typed and have 600 in type. Might want to ask around about these guys before applying. Just trying to help anybody eager to find a job. Fax (812) 378-2708

Last I was in there late last summer picking up junk, they said they were shut (or shutting) down. Just out of curiousity, what are they planning to do with it?

avbug said:
How does that make them different from the other contractors?

avbug...I truly hope you are kidding. ;) I know other contractors have stretched maintenance at one time or another but to blatantly lie to the inspector, then to the FAA PMI, then blame it on management AFTER a series of "not my fault/don't know how that happened" events...well...it goes beyond finishing out the day/vfr air attack trip with one alternator off line!

These guys just left a bad taste in everybody's mouth but R5 just had to have a DC-3 and R1 nor R4 were willing to loan one out...a Twotter yes...a Doug no!

But the brilliant minds at Monster Island decided it's more cost effective to contract a Doug and crew than to buy one. Five years later they added it up...if they'd bought the one at Basler in 02' they'd have spent the exact same money as they had on Rhoades. Hmmm...Safe, Cost Effective, Riiiiiight!

Sorry...the USFS and its inanities/bueraucratic idiocy is a sore spot for me right now.

Eric

I'm just wonderin' how many Convair 640 types there are out there ... can't be an easy thing to get these days, can it?

Sim Sweat said:
I'm just wonderin' how many Convair 640 types there are out there ... can't be an easy thing to get these days, can it?

You'd be suprised. There are quite a few of them still flying around. You can get typed in just about anything if you've got the cash.

Rhoades has been strugling for years. Ever since the owner can't run drugs to support the business. If you think I'm joking google a constellation crash that happend out of BAK. How Jack Rhoades stayed out of jail I don't know, and yes I used to work for them... For a short time.

agpilot34 said:
You'd be suprised. There are quite a few of them still flying around. You can get typed in just about anything if you've got the cash.
Interesting. I wouldn't have the first idea where to go for an unusual type like that, but I guess the operator would have their own DE.
Thanks.

Nick5600 said:
How Jack Rhoades stayed out of jail I don't know, and yes I used to work for them... For a short time.

Lots of "unusual" things have gone on there over the years...

I grew up around there and several very influencial members of the community are close personal friends of my family. As such, I can tell you from VERY reliable sources that a ton of monkey business has gone on with that operation.

I remember a few years ago they fired one of their accountants for embezzeling (sp?) a ton of money and wouldn't prosecute because I'm sure they didn't want to open their books to prove it...

Latest resources

Back