Retro V. Signing Bonus...(UPS/FDX)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Too late to edit the above msg.

Disregard above msg ... don't have any desire to hash this out in public.

BBB

fox3 said:
No RETRO Pay = Show Stopper!

I agree, and I honestly believe the rest of the membership feels the same.

A signing bonus is BS and retro would not be that hard to calculate. I am more concerned though about the message it sends for future negiotiations and contracts.

Every time the Wilson Polling Center calls I can't stress enough how important Retro Pay is to me.

I don't think that the company will ever call it Retro Pay, no matter how much it is. Too much of a precident. It will be called a signing bonus...it's up to us to make sure that it is the right amount.

It will be a flat rate, like the UPS offer, not based on how many hours you actually worked. The company wants it that way because it is a defined and calculatable amount per person and the union wants it that way because it doesn't reward the guys who are flying extra. It will be so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more divisions of the amounts...by seat and years as opposed to just by seat, but that's purely conjecture as is everything else.

New FDX Guy said:
I don't think that the company will ever call it Retro Pay, no matter how much it is. Too much of a precident. It will be called a signing bonus...it's up to us to make sure that it is the right amount.

It will be a flat rate, like the UPS offer, not based on how many hours you actually worked. The company wants it that way because it is a defined and calculatable amount per person and the union wants it that way because it doesn't reward the guys who are flying extra. It will be so.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more divisions of the amounts...by seat and years as opposed to just by seat, but that's purely conjecture as is everything else.
Unless we turn back every TA that doesn't have retro pay in it. In my opinion, retro pay is not about making more money than a signing bonus, punishing or rewarding the hard-workers, it's about having a financial incentive for the company to settle a contract quickly. Each day they drag it on costs them more money. That's something they understand.

The message sent to the company is in the amount, not the name.

The message sent by the company to other labor groups is in the name, not the amount.

JMHO, vote yes/no on the amount, not the name, because that is what is important. They(the company) know what the message is. They also know that even if you get every penny of the 'retro,' they've still made out because they've had that money this whole time and we haven't.

Huck said:
If we're gonna go for retro, let's do like you did above and base it on BLG only.

Otherwise all these 100 hour a month wonders will get lots more than the rest of us.

I like your idea Huck.

900 hrs/yr is pretty close to BLG X 2.25 since amendable date = 2,025 credit hrs.

Multiply 2,025 X whatever pay increase is and that should be our signing bonus/retro payment. If that figure is within 5% I might consider it.

Latest resources

Back