• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
About the 70% 'other than flying ' duties we do here at NetJets...just the other day I realized I had obtained another skill since being a NetJet SIC, that of flight attendant and aircraft detailer. That bottle of water trick to clean out the lav is priceless! But can someone tell me how they can tell when a terry cloth towel is truly soiled or just wrinkled? Has anyone on the XL ever compiled a list of quantity and location of each stocked item?

d91,

I believe if you look in the GOM in the forward closet of the XL you will find the type, number and location of the standard stock items.

One of the cleaners in CMH enlightened me to this last tour.

I'm getting ready to retire from NW with 28 years of experience and about 25,ooo hours. Is NJA hiring old guys? (I'm 57 and taking an early retirement). When is the current contract up for negotiations?

I think you airline guys need to learn alot about the fractional world, no matter what company you apply to. It's ALOT easier at the airlines because there is always someone at the airlines holding your hand. It's a whole different game when you have to make the decisions by yourself, i.e. wet runway numbers on a 5000 foot strip, if I get into ASE, can I get out, etc. It's not a free ride here in the fractional world, you will have to work here, Kid.

I think you airline guys need to learn alot about the fractional world, no matter what company you apply to. It's ALOT easier at the airlines because there is always someone at the airlines holding your hand. It's a whole different game when you have to make the decisions by yourself, i.e. wet runway numbers on a 5000 foot strip, if I get into ASE, can I get out, etc. It's not a free ride here in the fractional world, you will have to work here, Kid.

Yes, it is a whole different world from the airlines, but it isn't rocket science. I figure if Bogart can learn to fly at the fractionals ANYONE can.

I think you airline guys need to learn a lot about the fractional world, no matter what company you apply to. It's ALOT easier at the airlines because there is always someone at the airlines holding your hand. It's a whole different game when you have to make the decisions by yourself, i.e. wet runway numbers on a 5000 foot strip, if I get into ASE, can I get out, etc. It's not a free ride here in the fractional world, you will have to work here, Kid.

Hey Bogusart, at NJA we have licensed dispatchers for all that, although the PIC checks them, just like the "airline guys". Also I see you have ignored every other post. I am an 8 year captain at NJA. Wanna compare W2'S with a whiny union boy? Thought not.

BAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Dispatchers at NJ

It probably is a lot easier than the airlines....so what? Tell me the difference between a Hawker 800 on an icey 5000' runway at Aspen and a B747-400 taking off at Anchorage in similar conditions. They both require an dedicated crew effort to takeoff safely. I assume that NJ has dispatchers? Do they have any role in this process or is it left totally to the discretion of the crew and if that is the case I suspect that you are probably using some aircraft specific performance tool to do this task. Or, maybe the dispatcher sends you data on the BB?? In either case it is still incumbent upon the crew to check the data, especially if it is a critical takeoff. In 121 ops the dispatcher shares responsibility for the flight. Is this the case at NJ?

For the record I'm a retired 121 guy and operate an airplane that is 100% self dispatched, i.e., no dispathers. THis includes all performance data, W&B, flight planning, etc. It was not a huge jump to learn how we operate, but rather simply a willingness to learn a few new tricks. I think most 121 guys coming to NJ are capable in spite of what Bogart implies.

As I had said earlier, the few guys I know that have gone to NJ think the operation is extremely well run and the pilots they share the cockpits with are for the most part extremely pleasant to fly with, both from an ability stand point as well as simply being good folks to be around.

Spooky.....

Youn can't take anything Bogart put here seriously. He is strickly for entertainment purposes.

He has a cronic case of diarhea of the mouth and actually uses Immodium as a mouthwash every day.

Kid, I dont know what your problem is, but you have problems. I just saw your thread under "majors", and I am not sure what your issue with airline guys are.

You say that you have to make decisions on your own at the Fractionals. I am not sure what fractional that you work for, but I work at NJs, and we have have 47 (or more) chief pilots to always help you out. When I was going thru newhire class, with a big number of former airline guys, we were amazed that you are required to call a chief pilot for everything. We started joking that during our "lets take a 15 minute break", that we had to call the chief pilot to see if I was allowed to take a crap. If you have a maintenance problem, you have to call the chief pilot before you write it up. In the airline that I worked at, we would call maintenance control for maintenance issues.

Here at NJs we dont have schedulers that we call, we call Flight managers.

Bottom line, its the same job with a different way of doing things. NJs was built and designed for low time, inexperienced pilots that have to call chief pilots for every decision. Airlines were designed to have higher time pilots, but also has the required support while on the road.

Spooky and Ski/surf,

Don't waste another keystroke responding to Bogart. This guy is the biggest jerk, and resident loser on flightinfo (and there are quite a few of them), that uses his "rapier wit" and condescending attitude to stir the pot every chance he gets. Throw in a little anti-union rhetoric, and you will have seen all that he has to offer these boards.

I think this guy works at CS (but don't quote me on that), and has probably been turned down by any and every major airline in existence. This would explain his vitriolic attitude towards anything pertaining to the airline world.

As DO-82 alluded to.....his posts are for the limited entertainment value that they provide from time to time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back