• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

retired airline pilots at NJA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, never seen HumpreyBogusgart, shut up so quick. Although if he was asked to compare W2's to a Netjets pilot with equal time, I bet not a word would be heard either..........

Unions suck

Baaaaa haaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaa!

Its those union babies that drive wages up. If it weren't for the unions you would be working for popcorn. Some dudes get a bit extreme, but the unions definitely have their place in aviation. Give credit where credit is due. ;)

Just stay away from CitationShares...PLEASE. We don't need any spoiled union babies here. Good luck at netjets, though...Kid

Please...don't take Bogart seriously. Take him for the joke he is.

He still believes his raise had absolutely nothing to do with NJA getting our contract ratified.

If you really want to laugh ask him why CS doesn't really want to turn a profit. That's a good one!!!!!

Roger that.

Please...don't take Bogart seriously. Take him for the joke he is.

He still believes his raise had absolutely nothing to do with NJA getting our contract ratified.

If you really want to laugh ask him why CS doesn't really want to turn a profit. That's a good one!!!!!

I think about 50 to 60 percents of the retired pilots that we have at Netjets do a great job. In my experience, it is those pilots that have had a good career (yes there are a few out there) seem to have the best attitude. Also, those pilots who have done their research prior to applying to Netjets also are very happy and do a great job.

That being said, I have spent many 7 day tours with retired airline pilots who should not be here, and make everything and everyone miserable around them. This is NOT a job where you enter the aircraft and turn left. Nor is this a corporate type job where you will fly one leg a day. In my prior aircraft the X (where a lot of the new hire retired airline pilots are placed), expect to fly 3-4 legs a day, average 5-7 hours of flying a day, which includes, loading baggage, wiping down the lav 3-4 times a day, cleaning the inside 3-4 times a day, cleaning up the disasters left by our owners kids, restocking 3-4 times a day, plus doing all the pilot stuff. Do expect to work hard, and 70% of your workload will not include your flying duties.

Yes the company makes some stupid decisions, and things don't make sense sometimes on the road, but you have to be able to roll with the punches. If you are the type of individual who does not like to deal with change, do not come here, if you are the type of individual who does not like customer service, do not come here, if you are the type of person who does not like/mind wiping down the lav and the cabin, do not come here, if you are above loading bags, do not come here (or any fractional).

I recently flew with a retired airline pilot who thought it was below him to load bags, and indicated that he was simply here for the medical insurance.

So please do your research, and I am glad that you are on the this message board asking questions. I am sure you will do fine at Netjets, however please help educate your friends who might work at your company or others, this is not a retirement job where you can take it easy and fly cool business jets. When your partner refuses to do their job, it really makes the other person miserable.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrarkt
And another thing!! What the hell are "quotation maks?"

Boy are you dumb!! Take a look at the spelling, moron. I'll break it down for you.......... "maks" is NOT a word. Do you see it?? No??... idiot!!!

Man you need to chill out and throttle way back. If you are the typicall NJ pilot, which I doubt, you must be a lot of fun on a seven day trip. Name calling and over the top attitude are indicative of a social disorder.

Ha calling Hydrkt uptight is like calling humphry a union member in good standing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back