Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brasgaucho

Got my first 135 job couple months ago.
Passed the checkride but, during the IOE I resigned.
should I mention this 3 weeks experience on my resume or leave it out?

thanks for your opinion,

For one thing, I'd strongly suggest you design a good explanation for your resignation come interview time. Of course, you must tell the truth, but you have to word it so that you provide facts and no opinions or spin.

I would leave the job off your resume. Your resume is your document. You should not embellish on a resume, but you don't have to put down a job of three weeks' duration on it, either. Of course, you must list it on an app. Under "reason for leaving," I'd put down "Resigned - To be explained at the interview." That's fairly standard advice. No matter how neutral you are on paper, someone is bound to read things into what you write.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your job search.

You say you passed the checkride. If that is so than there is an 8410 on file with the CHDO.

Further, not listing it on a furture records request for a subsequent employer would be a violation of the PRIA.

Think long and hard about lying about it.

Why did you quit??? The rest of the story....

Thanks for the responses.

To make the history short during the ground school we found out that this company has been having problems with the FAA.
I also found out that rent in the AK bush it is just like having a second mortgage, gallon of milk $8.00, etc...
The last drop was during my first IOE flight which I was kind pushed into it when ASOS was reporting 600 overcast 2 mile vis., new in the airplane, new in the area, no mic jack in the right seat for the check-airman, no gps, VFR flight, etc...
300 ft of the ground there we were in the soup in a C207 with the check-airman pointing to go up; that voice in the back of my head said no no no it is time to go home.

Take care

Sounds like you left before they had the opportunity to kill you. Sounds like the right decision.

As usual, I think Bobbysamd is right on the money.

I would leave it off the resume as it really does not add significantly to your job history, or overall aviation experience.

However, on the formal application and on the PRIA requests, I would include them. Explain to an interviewer just the way you did in your last post. You should not have any problems. We are not all cut out (myself included) to be bush pilots, and I think most interviewers will understand that.

Best of luck to you.

From what I hear, 600 and 2 is considered good VFR in Alaska. They routinely go into the soup VFR up there. Most of them don't worry much about it because they have Capstone (kind of a TCAS, GPWS, wx all combined). I have heard that SOP is when you hit the clouds you just climb up through it if you are alone, but if you have pax you must declare an emergency, but I think most don't. They also have "VFR holds" going into the busier Class D airports. 5 or 6 planes in the same hold, same altitude, and then tower will say, "Whoever is in front is cleared to land..."

I have a few friends up there, but I don't think it's for me.

Latest resources

Back