Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boogie

Road Scholar
Is AIR Inc. recommended for resume and cover letter help?

I need some help putting mine together but don't want to spend a lot of $$.

Thanks in advance!

You should PM "Resume Writer" on this board. She does good work, from what I hear.

Her name is Kathy Sweeney and her company's website is www.awriteresume.com

It also includes a price list.

FI

I'd follow that up with, "what is your career worth?"

I had a friend who has hired a lot of people in a large company HR department help me write mine, so sometimes you just need to ask around your circle of friends, someone may well be able to help.

Boogie said:
Is AIR Inc. recommended for resume and cover letter help?
I wouldn't go near 'em with a 10 foot pole - but that's just me. Their resume formats are too busy - too much information crammed into too small a place - makes the chief pilot's 15 -20 sweep of you paperwork harder to do.

Additionaly their cover letters are cookie-cutter type and really say nothing personal about you - which is what your cover letter should do. Your cover letter should describe things about you that a resume is neither intended to nor formatted for.

Boogie said:
I need some help putting mine together but don't want to spend a lot of $$.
Surely there are people around you who have put resumes together. Why not use their format. It's not really a hard thing to do. You need to describe your professional qualifications which are typically as follows: Employment Goal, Education, Ratings, Flight Experience, Employment History - more or less in that order. Keep it to ONE page.

Make sure your name and personal contact information is prominently displayed at the top of the resume. And this may seem strange but make SURE it's all correct - spellings, addresses and phone numbers being incorrect can lead to a reply deficiency!

If you do decide to use a service don't go with anyone who does not take the time to get to know you a little bit. That would be wasted money and yo usay you don't really want to spend a lot.

Hope this helps!

TIS

Latest resources

Back