Restoring Pensions - Do Your Part

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Edge540

Please take the time to send this generic letter, or a letter of your own, to your local senators. Feel free to copy and paste it all day long, just replace the xxxxx's with your senators last names. Feel free to modify it in any way to make it yours. Don't forget to put you name at the bottom.

Here's the link to contact your state senators. Find your state senators and click "Web form":

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

After you send your letter please post "Sent" to keep this thread towards the top.

-------------------------------

Dear Senator XXXXXXXX,

I wanted to bring to your attention the following Senators and their bipartisan effort. Senators Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), Maria Cantwell (D-WA), Saxby Chambliss (R-GA), and Patty Murray (D-WA), are sponsoring a Push for Restoring Airline Employee Pensions.

I asked this question a long time ago. How does an airline that has just recently come out of bankruptcy, taken Millions from its' employees to "survive"; all of a sudden come up with BILLIONS of dollars to buy another bankrupt airline. Thank God somebody that can do something about it, is asking the same question.

It should be absolutely criminal to underfund pensions. People work their whole lives for a company expecting their pension to be there when they retire. And what, ohhh sorry we didn't contribute enough to your pension and we're bankrupt.

US Airways and other recently bankrupt airlines shouldn't be able to do any such transactions/mergers until they restore the employees wages, benefits, AND pensions to where they were before they robbed them.

Please see to it that US Airways uses its $5 BILLION dollars to restore the pensions. Please do not make the taxpayer and the PBGC pay for US Airways mismanagement.

Senator XXXXXXX, please do whatever you can to support the above mentioned Senators. And, see to it that the Push for Restoring Airline Employee Pensions is successful.

Thank you for your efforts on this important matter.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXX

Why not send a contribution to ALPA-PAC or CAPA-PAC too.... who knows... the pension you save or restore....might your own!! :eek:

The ability in part to write to these senators is due to election or relection efforts. PAC money helps these senators who are helping us get elected...

The trick is to get more congressmen who support efforts like pension restoration elected.

Before you can write letters you gotta BACK THE PAC!

Last edited:
Why not send a contribution to ALPA-PAC or CAPA-PAC too.... who knows... the pension you save or restore....might your own!!

an support an age 65 action that its members overwhelmingly do not want.......

an support an age 65 action that its members overwhelmingly do not want.......

Easy big guy.....

You can work EACH issue.... attitudes like yours are self defeating... getting invloved and working EACH issue is how the game is played....

PAC money gets you an audience...

Easy big guy.....

You can work EACH issue.... attitudes like yours are self defeating... getting invloved and working EACH issue is how the game is played....

PAC money gets you an audience...

pension reform is one thing as it affects the ENTIRE pension landscape and EVERY plan sponsor out there (airlines are not the only one affected). thus ALPA PAC money to me is a waste in this area.

age 65 on the other hand.......

Why not send a contribution to ALPA-PAC or CAPA-PAC too.... who knows... the pension you save or restore....might your own!! :eek:

The ability in part to write to these senators is due to election or relection efforts. PAC money helps these senators who are helping us get elected...

The trick is to get more congressmen who support efforts like pension restoration elected.

Before you can write letters you gotta BACK THE PAC!

Something I already do, have been doing for 9 years here. Not to mention my previous time at an ALPA carrier.

regards,
AAflyer

Let's try getting back to reality here. The stocks would has come from us, but all of the cash was from investor's. "Excuse me I would like to borrow several billion to fund pensions". That would be followed by the sound of people rolling on the floor laughing. I think what happened with the pensions is terrible. In truth many of the pensions however were outrageous and funding them would be impossible.

Let's try getting back to reality here. The stocks would has come from us, but all of the cash was from investor's. "Excuse me I would like to borrow several billion to fund pensions". That would be followed by the sound of people rolling on the floor laughing. I think what happened with the pensions is terrible. In truth many of the pensions however were outrageous and funding them would be impossible.

USAIR still made 500M in 2006. With the new pension laws and 500M/yr profits they have a bunch of years to 'Re-fund' the pension fund. Thus providing employees their EARNED benefit....

Latest resources

Back