• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rest Rules with Links

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my experience flying transcon turns from the midwest to the left coast and back the same day, flying two or three legs amounting to 9-10 flight hours in a 12-14 hour duty period is substantially less fatiguing than 6+ legs in 10+ hours duty.

Plus the guy doing transcon turns will have more than 20 days off

Will CDO/Stand-ups be illegal when this is effective?

first look, it looks like we may have MORE naps... as a napper we rest during the day, so if day line holders are required to rest 10, then there should be more naps. Just a first glance, so my conclusion could be incorrect.

Whew,
I am glad that Skywest had SAPA, pimping for them. Skywest was sure defending the CDO business.
Embarrassing!
PBR

Rest Rules With Links

Last edited:
If I read this correctly, it looks like an OK compromise except for the guys that will be doing r/t transcons now:

There is a max duty time scale depending on duty in time. Most normal passenger operations will fall into the following:

Max duty time: 12-14 hrs

Max flight time: 9 hrs

Minimum time between all duty periods: 10 hrs with the "opportunity" for 8 hours of "uninterrupted sleep."

But of course, a phone call from crew scheduling is not considered an interruption to your sleep.

Whew,
I am glad that Skywest had SAPA, pimping for them. Skywest was sure defending the CDO business.
Embarrassing!
PBR

Does Skywest still get a waiver from the FAA to operate the 120s using part 135 flight time limitations? I can see why they would be adamantly against anything that would change that.

Latest resources

Back