• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve Units Promotion Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, PME might or might not make a good officer (Actually I think there is some good info in ACSC that everyone can benefit from), but the AF leaderships ays it does so folks shouldn't expect to get promoted without it. I didnt ENJOY my hours and hours studying ACSC or now, AWC..but Im doing it.

I should have clarified myself. Although I said accomplishing PME was just putting a check in the box, I did not want to imply to not bother with doing it. I have completed test 1 (75% w/ 2.5 hours of study). It is required for promotion, so it is required that I complete it.

My intention w/ my post was about the comment regarding O-5s not doing "anything to get promoted." There is a lot more involved in a promotion than just PME accomplishment. It is not the end all be all of making rank. Granted, PME unfortunately is required and some make the rank without doing it. To say that they are not a "real Lt Col" because of that is a pretty strong blanket statement that should not be made. What if the guy happened to be a MOH or DFC recipient? Extreme examples, but according to that logic, they are not "real Lt Cols" because they didn't do their PME.

Hopefully, my point is a little clearer. And for the record, I think it is wrong to promote folks on the good 'ol boy list who didn't check the boxes that needed to be checked.

Good luck on AWC. ACSC is enough ass pain for me as it is.

I should have clarified myself. Although I said accomplishing PME was just putting a check in the box, I did not want to imply to not bother with doing it. I have completed test 1 (75% w/ 2.5 hours of study). It is required for promotion, so it is required that I complete it.

My intention w/ my post was about the comment regarding O-5s not doing "anything to get promoted." There is a lot more involved in a promotion than just PME accomplishment. It is not the end all be all of making rank. Granted, PME unfortunately is required and some make the rank without doing it. To say that they are not a "real Lt Col" because of that is a pretty strong blanket statement that should not be made. What if the guy happened to be a MOH or DFC recipient? Extreme examples, but according to that logic, they are not "real Lt Cols" because they didn't do their PME.

Hopefully, my point is a little clearer. And for the record, I think it is wrong to promote folks on the good 'ol boy list who didn't check the boxes that needed to be checked.

Good luck on AWC. ACSC is enough ass pain for me as it is.

I think more of us reservists were awarded higher medals than the AD types..the AFSOC reservists were former AD IPs, EPs..and we had much more experience..but we saw the prejudice.

AWC isn't bad although I literally just started. I have been told get on it ASAP since it parallels ACSC...remember the old..Mass, manuever, economy of force..etc. Still there....you get an elective though....so they give you some leeway

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back