• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reserve Time at Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How hard is it getting one of the Northeast bases out of training on either the Saab or the 1900, like HPN, PVD, HYA, LGA?

heywatchthis said:
There is no end to Reserve in IAH. Been there over a year and still Reserve on your schedule. Although I have never had a full month of Reserve.

Oh by the way, NO trouble answering the phone, getting dressed, driving to the parking lot, waiting for the bus, getting through security, and making it to ops within the HOUR required. <<<SARCASIM>>> Maybe thats why all other carriers at IAH get 2 hours.
1 hour? :cartman: Do you guys have long call?

Reserve time? I'd say little, if any, on the Beech 1900. It all depends where you're based on the Saab. Junior bases like JST, ROC, BUF, PQI, etc., you'll probably get a line right off the bat. Places like PVD, ORF, MHT, and ITH (great lines), typically need seniority to just get into the base; usually no reserve lines there, I believe. Other bases that are somewhat in demand like ABE, HEF, CRW, etc., have reserve schedules built into them. That's the general idea. Hope that helps.

Snaab

Been in HEF for about 2 months, been on reserve the whole time. People I was in class with got lines right away, I pulled the short straw. Changing bases for June and will hold a line.

you can get random reserve days on any line no matter how long you have been there. Of course you will then have to DH to LGA, then DH to DCA, take a taxi to HEF to repo a plane to ALB then drive a rental car back to ITH.....and be back in time for the 0530 show time the next day!!!!

and 1 hour is the long call.

So how many days off does a person get a Colgan? Line and/or reserve?

What is the typical line value?

Last edited:
PropsR4Boats said:
So how many days off does a person get a Colgan? Line and/or reserve?

What is the typical line value?

it all can vary a lot. I have had as many as 18 days off and as few as twelve

Latest resources

Back