Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Research: Incidents involving navaids and instrument approaches..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gkrangers

college = debt
I'm going to write a paper on safety issues, common mistakes, etc in reference to using navaids and flying instrument approaches.

I want to use accidents as support for my thoughts...so if you remember any "good" accidents involving equipment malfunction, pilot error, pilot being an idiot, etc...I'd appreciate any help. I'll be searching the NTSB database myself, as well.

AA 965 flight in Cali, Columbia....incorrectly set up the FMS due to acknowledging an incorrect ID autocomplete.

Last edited:
Try a TWA 727 accident Dec 1, 1974 near Berryville, Va. 92 fatalities. I think the report will mention deficiencies in company training, approach plate format, and gneral instrument practices of the day.

Mini beat me to it. They did indeed have the VOR tuned instead of the ILS. The CVR is interesting reading.

Flying Illini said:
Mini beat me to it. They did indeed have the VOR tuned instead of the ILS. The CVR is interesting reading.
I've been looking for a case like this...tracking to the wrong VOR, or a VOR instead of an ILS, etc...

I've also got a personal, albeit VFR (thank god), experience with tracking to the wrong VOR.

Latest resources

Back