Requesting info from any United pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASH

Hi guys, I would be very grateful if any United pilots would be willing to provide/divulge some information. The situation is that I am currently flying for an airline in Asia, am making good money, but I really would like to come home. I enjoy my job, but the trade off is no longer worth it to me. United is my first choice because of bases, and I am really trying to piece together what a career would look like over there.

Questions #1: I understand that your pay rates reflected now show your initial rise. Than is it correct that in 2014 you get another 8%, 2015 3%, 2016 3%, and 2017 3%?
If these numbers are correct, am I calculating correctly that 2nd year FO narrowbody in 2017 will be approx $106 per hour? Just making sure I am getting the straight info on that.

Question #2: Given retirements and AC orders, what would be the approx time to narrowbody jr Captain for someone hired in the next 6 months (Best guess, I know globally anything can happen!)

Question #3: What would health insurance costs be for a good size family (wife and kids?)

Question #4: Approximately how many hours per month do you work, and how much do work rules (i.e trip/duty rigs add to your take home pay)
If anyone is willing to PM me what a realistic take home paycheck number would be given your year and aircraft type, I would be very grateful! Tough to deal on theoretical #'s!

Question #6: Is your 16% B-fund varied by how many hours you flew that month?

I appreciate any feedback, and any thoughts you would have for someone in my situation.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Details details. CPO update last week said 60/mo indefinitely, likely 100/mo starting in January. Delta and American just announced hiring. It's time to make the move.

No, not furloughed. Just looking to get back home, had my fill of Asia. Thanks all for any info.

16% is based on your monthly pay, so if you fly 70 hours you get 16% of that 70 hours and if you flew 90 hours you get 16% of that.

Captain upgrade is too hard to predict. sUAL junior captain is mid 1990s. Junior sCAL captain is 2006. sUAL pilots will be filling captain vacancies going forward for several years so it's hard to say what a new hire's expectations will be.

Problem in answering the money question is UAL and CAL had very different contracts, and now the joint contract is still being implemented. Reserve guarantee is low 70s, lineholders probably average low to mid 80 hours per month.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back