• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's Q 400 operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can if you fire the union! If the pilots organize without a union what legal action can the company take? There are plenty of other options for the pilots, look at what happened to American last summer...pilots have options without strikes but until the "Captains" decide they have had enough nothing will change and it seems the "Captains" are ok with the status qou. If they weren't how does a company increase earnings 800%?
Please tell me how calling in sick is illegal? From a "legal" stand point everything has to be "proven" and while they are trying to "prove" what is going on the company is losing money. I'm not a union guy and if I was I would be saying the exact same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think RAH Pilots are teamsters and they should be using every available option!!!

You can if you fire the union! If the pilots organize without a union what legal action can the company take? There are plenty of other options for the pilots, look at what happened to American last summer...pilots have options without strikes but until the "Captains" decide they have had enough nothing will change and it seems the "Captains" are ok with the status qou. If they weren't how does a company increase earnings 800%?
Please tell me how calling in sick is illegal? From a "legal" stand point everything has to be "proven" and while they are trying to "prove" what is going on the company is losing money. I'm not a union guy and if I was I would be saying the exact same thing. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think RAH Pilots are teamsters and they should be using every available option!!!

The passion is definitely appreciated. When I was there it was the same way. We all wanted to walk so very badly. I can only assume that the general consensus is still the same.

One guy calling in sick is not going to hurt the company. You need 1500 guys to do it but the only way for that to happen is to organize it...and that remains illegal.

Please read up on the court injunction against the united pilots the last time they attempted a ("so called") job action. Or the one handed down to the USAir union.

The rules that apply to "regular unions" and their ability to engage in "self help" simply are not permitted by the railway labor act. It's unfortunate but that is what hamstrings pilot unions. It is not the same as regular unions. It is a fundamental service that the government has determined (through legislation) is an essential service and must therefore be restricted and regulated more than other industries that aren't "as essential"...

Last edited:
I read up on the articles and found that the pilots weren't affect at all it didn't cost them a penny...in fact it is still pending. The union hires lawyers to fight the injunctions and they are...if your worried about what "might" happen you need not unionize! In a union you may have to strike even if your not financially ready that is the deal.
If the RAH pilots (read Captains) didn't like the status qou they would change it but they are getting pay raises up to the 18 years mark, but the FOs well, as I have heard at least 5 times since I started looking for a flying job, "they have to pay their dues!"
It is sad this union is split 7 years is unsat for any union to negotiate!! Take action or stop wasting your time, we can only hope in the next 5 years of hiring at the legacy airlines that RAH loses more than they can hire. Companies that treat their employees poorly will usually be out of business during a hiring boom.

Yep new hires are cute, tasty and not so wet behind the ears! Some have some pretty good life lessons....but I'm sure you weren't talking about me

You can if you fire the union! If the pilots organize without a union what legal action can the company take?

They can fire 15 pilots a month (and hire 15 new pilots a month) until they wipe out the pilots who are participating in the wildcat strike.

I really don't think the pilots will go there if a strike was going on, I wouldn't. I'm waiting to see what happens in the next 45 days to see if I'm going if they call. The next 5 years will be a telling time for RAH, I'm sure this is why they want us to sign a 2 year/20k training contract. I'm sure it 15 line guys walked out on the same day the company would fill it and it would become contagious. It only takes one person to start it and the wave will catch if the under current is there....I really fell for the pilots especially the FOs that have been there without a raise for 3 years...my two cents

I read up on the articles and found that the pilots weren't affect at all it didn't cost them a penny...in fact it is still pending. The union hires lawyers to fight the injunctions and they are...if your worried about what "might" happen you need not unionize! In a union you may have to strike even if your not financially ready that is the deal.
If the RAH pilots (read Captains) didn't like the status qou they would change it but they are getting pay raises up to the 18 years mark, but the FOs well, as I have heard at least 5 times since I started looking for a flying job, "they have to pay their dues!"
It is sad this union is split 7 years is unsat for any union to negotiate!! Take action or stop wasting your time, we can only hope in the next 5 years of hiring at the legacy airlines that RAH loses more than they can hire. Companies that treat their employees poorly will usually be out of business during a hiring boom.

Yep new hires are cute, tasty and not so wet behind the ears! Some have some pretty good life lessons....but I'm sure you weren't talking about me

Where are you getting this "union divided" stuff? The strike vote was pretty unified as was everyone I ever flew with.

Why are you leaving the military to fly for RAH would be an interesting question to ponder as well...

Latest resources

Back