• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic's Q 400 operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should start in June or July. I'm trying to get info on syllabus length but no luck. I start terminal leave in June.
I just read the pilots will be voting on a contract. Anyone know when the vote will take place? How does contract look, I read companies info and can't get a read on whether its good or bad? I know union reps say no but they aren't the pilots.
Any info would be useful.

www.rahcontractnow.org

The union reps ARE pilots and they say its terrible. But as the LFBO it must be put to a vote.

There is no training contract for the Q400 or E145. Only for the E170.

As for pilots not wanting to strike...strike vote was more than a year ago. They voted in the high 90's percentile in favor of a strike IF they ever get released to "self help". So I'd say that the pilot group is VERY willing to strike.

Last edited:
Ok so I've spent the day reading about union negotiations and as I understand if you get rid of the union and then strike it is not against the law? The NMB will not release the pilots, why should they? The NMB is a government agency and given the "support" of the current administration the pilots will never get released. I really think the pilots are in a spot unless "they" change things.

"workers can formally request that the National Labor Relations Board end their association with their labor union if they feel that the union is not sufficiently supportive of them. At this point, any strike action taken by the workers may be termed a wildcat strike, but there is no illegality involved as there is no longer a conflict between sections 7 and 9(a) of the NLRA.[3]"

I know everything on the internet is correct so the above paragraph has to be correct it is from wikileaks...

I wish I was there to vote

Pilots are covered by the Railway Labor Act. Read that for the various processes that lead up to a strike. It is a different set of rules and regulations than the NLRA.

There is no training contract for the Q400 or E145. Only for the E170.

As for pilots not wanting to strike...strike vote was more than a year ago. They voted in the high 90's percentile in favor of a strike IF they ever get released to "self help". So I'd say that the pilot group is VERY willing to strike.

98.9% turnout, 99.25% in favor of a strike. ~25 "no strike" votes. It is a VERY angry pilot group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An angry pilot group is one thing but an angry pilot group that takes action is a completely different thing. Until the pilot group decides they have had enough of the NMB, corporate and the union nothing will change and from what I've heard the Captains are fine with status quo and they drive the union. My father was a teamster for 47 years, his father was a teamster they both were involved in numerous strikes including "wildcat" strikes and one thing they said was talking does nothing action is what changes things.
This is the bio of the NMB Chairman, he is a political appointee his job is to ensure the current administration is never brought into question about supporting the "workers". So how do you support the workforce yet prevent a work stoppage that will have a dramatic effect on the industry and cause a burp in the economy? You tie the workforce up in mediation that will maintain the status quo. The NMB Chairman has a Bio that says he should support Pilots but he is political appointee....

http://www.nmb.gov/directory/hoglander-harry-r_bio.html

I'm on a soap box about this issue not for me but for my kids and grandkids, how do I tell them they can be pilots but it will cost them $150,000 for a 4 year degree and 250 flight hours (CWU Flying Program) when starting in August they will need 1500 flight hours to get a $22/hr job. The garbage men is Seattle (Teamsters Local 117) signed a 6 year $96K wage and benefit package, it took them to force the companies hand with a strike but they are now getting more money than a pilot, good for them but it begs the question why spend $200,000 (even with CFI money) to get a $22/hr job?
I love flying it is a passion but economically it doesn't make sense. Especially given the roller coaster ride called the airline industry.

I hope republic changes and the pilots get some compensation given they just reported an 800% earnings increase last year, yes that is correct 800%. the reference in on the other thread. I really feel for the pilots but until the pilots (Captains included) decide to take action nothing will change.

See you on the line....maybe

An angry pilot group is one thing but an angry pilot group that takes action is a completely different thing. Until the pilot group decides they have had enough of the NMB, corporate and the union nothing will change and from what I've heard the Captains are fine with status quo and they drive the union. My father was a teamster for 47 years, his father was a teamster they both were involved in numerous strikes including "wildcat" strikes and one thing they said was talking does nothing action is what changes things.
This is the bio of the NMB Chairman, he is a political appointee his job is to ensure the current administration is never brought into question about supporting the "workers". So how do you support the workforce yet prevent a work stoppage that will have a dramatic effect on the industry and cause a burp in the economy? You tie the workforce up in mediation that will maintain the status quo. The NMB Chairman has a Bio that says he should support Pilots but he is political appointee....

http://www.nmb.gov/directory/hoglander-harry-r_bio.html

I'm on a soap box about this issue not for me but for my kids and grandkids, how do I tell them they can be pilots but it will cost them $150,000 for a 4 year degree and 250 flight hours (CWU Flying Program) when starting in August they will need 1500 flight hours to get a $22/hr job. The garbage men is Seattle (Teamsters Local 117) signed a 6 year $96K wage and benefit package, it took them to force the companies hand with a strike but they are now getting more money than a pilot, good for them but it begs the question why spend $200,000 (even with CFI money) to get a $22/hr job?
I love flying it is a passion but economically it doesn't make sense. Especially given the roller coaster ride called the airline industry.

I hope republic changes and the pilots get some compensation given they just reported an 800% earnings increase last year, yes that is correct 800%. the reference in on the other thread. I really feel for the pilots but until the pilots (Captains included) decide to take action nothing will change.

See you on the line....maybe

You need to read up on the RLA. Doesn't matter if RAH was teamsters, ALPA, or in-house. The recourse options of all three are the same and you can't just take (organized) illegal job actions against the company.

Latest resources

Back