• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republican Candidates position on NLRB!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
not at all. It does exactly what the republicans want it to do: It makes the rich richer. It's just all of us dumb poor and middle class people who keep buying into the sales pitch and helping them screw over all of us.

+1...

Nevada is a right to work state and it has the single highest rates of unemployment, and foreclosure in the country. Nevada also has some of the lowest corporate taxes, and relatively low union membership of all 50 states and has a gigantic budget deficit.
It looks like the Republican mantra of right to work, no unions, and low corporate taxes is just a fairytale.
But Nevda has no had the outflow of peole like michigan

listen kid... I am financially independent and work for fun..literally.. I fly around the world in a big airbus and get laid at every stop.. I owe nothing to anyone, and own everything from my cars to my toys fee and clear. I'm both lucky and skilled at what I've done to get where I am.

With all that as a caveat, I also have a lot of sympathy for those who don't have it as good as I do.. maybe they weren't as lucky.. maybe they lost their job due to some greedy corporate bastard who sent their jobs over here to the next world superpower.. I have no problem funding the retirements of my parents generation who relied on social security and medicare.. I pay my legal taxes, and I donate even more. I have a lot, but I'm not greedy. I also give a lot, and I sleep well as a result. So keep your book and your Fox News "I got mine, get your own" propaganda.. it won't work on me. I have a conscience.

Fantastic post! I have less than you, but am still very blessed, and feel the exact same way.

Why do some airline employees vote Republican?

Answer: Because they are stupid. They live with their heads buried in the sand, not concerned with anything around them as long as it doesn't affect them personally at that moment in time. They research nothing. They listen to right-wing AM talk show bigots like Rush Limbaugh and get the rest of their distorted information from corporate controlled right-wing news organizations like Fox News - the mouthpiece of the Republican Party.

And then when pro-management scab material like Pilotyip come calling, along with other Republican corporate lapdogs like Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin, the Tea Baggers, and the rest of the GOP House majority...to take away their worker and union rights, they sit there deaf and dumb wondering how this could have happened to them. Then they'll go on to defend their insane right wing political ideology as their career ship goes down, missing the point entirely as they exclaim in their last breath how "it's a right to work state".

"Right-To-Work" is a misnomer created by the Republican fear machine to cause dissention amongst the uneducated and apathetic that by somehow living in a certain state, that state gives you the right to work whereas other states do not. This is what the Republican party does best - Lie.

"Right-To-Work" is just a cover for its true meaning - To suppress or eliminate workers Right-To-Unionize.

The Republican Party has always been and will always be anti-union, anti-worker, anti-middle class. Their masters are the Corporations and the Rich. To vote for any Republican is to put a nail in your own coffin. They will NEVER have the People's best interests in mind, although they'll spin it 7 ways to Sunday to try to make you believe they do. The facts of history speak for themselves.

I am anti union BECAUSE I am pro worker and pro middle class. As for Boeing, the company belongs to the owners, the stockholders. They should be able to move operations wherever they want. If union types want to run a company, then buy one or start one. Take the risks and do the work of competing in the marketplace. By the way, research how union offices react when THEIR workers try to unionize. They fight it tooth and nail. :)

I am anti union BECAUSE I am pro worker and pro middle class. As for Boeing, the company belongs to the owners, the stockholders. They should be able to move operations wherever they want. If union types want to run a company, then buy one or start one. Take the risks and do the work of competing in the marketplace. By the way, research how union offices react when THEIR workers try to unionize. They fight it tooth and nail. :)

wow, typical corporate pilot koolaid... hope your owners don't decide to hire a Chinese guy to fly that GV.. Peace brother.

Fantastic post! I feel the same as you,

which one would expect, since you are after all a management pilot..
Saw the light and the opportunity for a job while between jobs, had to cross over to the dark side.

Start a company to compete with Boeing? Be realistic with how our economy operates. Workers and middle class aren't just people who don't want to start companies to compete with Boeing, they CAN'T. We don't live on a level playing field. Furthermore, ever heard of an economic term called "barrier to entry"?

You need a little history lesson. How do you think the middle class got the right to reasonable wages, heck, even the "weekend" as we know it? Do you think it was a gift from the corporations? Or do you think MAYBE people from lowly backgrounds sacrificed, struck, protested, fought and even died for it? The very rights you enjoy now, but mock us for fighting to maintain. Look into the 1880s.

We are headed in the pre-labor movement direction in this country because of the weak minded, and low character "I got mine" crowd who sides with greedy corporations that value NOTHING but stock price. It works for you because your viewpoint is anti social, and ironically, anti patriotic.

There ARE some people out there who actually care about this country, and this country's future from a middle class perspective. These are people who look out for not just our own interestes, but those of others around us and our future generations. You are not one of those people.

Latest resources

Back