• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHQ is by no means properly staffed. I'm based in STL and we have NO reserves to speak of. Can't trade/drop a trip for the life of me.

I've heard the CRJ class is the only class that has had cuts in it. This is expected with the leases on the aircraft about to end. From what's been going on there has been no slowdown of training as of yet. They are still piling in people as fast as they have been. However they have been at optimal capacity for training for some time. They can't really increase it. With other airlines not hiring the amount of applicants is starting to rise considerably.

RAH is still pumping people out for all three certificates. They might be hiring into a pool now as they can't train them any faster than they already are. I've been told that we still need some 400 people to become saturated at current rates. With the expected growth of the E-jets the number to hire in 2008 is something around 800 pilots.

Training machine will be running through the end of the year. New training facility opened last month...still moving things down to the airport from HQ.

I heard RPA lost the use of the JBLU E170/190 sim in Orlando, so that may explain the new backlog.

We did two upgrade classes in March and two slated for May.

Last new hire class I saw started on 3/25. New hire times are starting to climb again. Last guy I did IOE with had 1800 hrs and charter time. No jet time, a little King Air time.

Last E175 delivered as of last week. E190 rumors abound. Heard LCC postponed their further deliveries for a year. Not substantiated.

T8

Training machine will be running through the end of the year. New training facility opened last month...still moving things down to the airport from HQ.

I heard RPA lost the use of the JBLU E170/190 sim in Orlando, so that may explain the new backlog.

We did two upgrade classes in March and two slated for May.

Last new hire class I saw started on 3/25. New hire times are starting to climb again. Last guy I did IOE with had 1800 hrs and charter time. No jet time, a little King Air time.

Last E175 delivered as of last week. E190 rumors abound. Heard LCC postponed their further deliveries for a year. Not substantiated.

T8
RPA did not lose the use of the JBlue Sim. Just did my PC there.

RP is still training in MCO... just had dinner last night with a couple of crew members that are here for training.
This company is growing, when RP gets it last 175, S5 will start getting theirs for the Delta side. The 190 is on the front burner for BB.
But there are alot of things being said as to what is going to happen. Who knows how the state of the industry is going to help the planned growth.

Latest resources

Back