Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PowerRanger

Anyone know anything about RAH? Are they experiencing explosive growth or something?

I know that they're knee deep in contract negotiations

A friend of mine is SDF based and flies the 145 on the Continental side. She stated that as a company they're looking to grow. And that United, US Airways and Delta are all wanting (with baited breath) to get more 170's for their flying.

Also, she stated that they're looking to hire 1000 pilots, and that the company really wants 70 seat flying for the Continental side.

So, what's up...any of this true, false, lemme know!

Lots of growth. There is talk (rumors) about 170's going to CO. We just increased the 170 fleet for Delta, there is talk about BB wanting the 190's, we are going to electronic flight bags, good contract that will only get better with all the growth. Great place to work IMHO.

Lots of growth. There is talk (rumors) about 170's going to CO. We just increased the 170 fleet for Delta, there is talk about BB wanting the 190's, we are going to electronic flight bags, good contract that will only get better with all the growth. Great place to work IMHO.

Did you really INCREASE the E170 flying for Delta, or will you trade E170s one for one with newer E175s? I thought those older E170s are now going to United?

Bye Bye--General Lee

The only way RAH is going to fly 170s for CAL is if the CAL pilots give up scope. They aren't going to do that (from what I hear from CAL guys I know) so don't count on seeing 170s in CAL paint.

EFB's coming soon? Kind of like online trip trades coming soon? Don't hold your breath...

Good contract? More like a mediocre contract full of vauge, weak language that the company exploits at every opportunity.

RAH is a middle of the road regional with LOTS of room for improvement. Not the worst, but certainly not that great.

I'd go to Expressjet if I were you.

P.S. BB and CO mgmt are banking on the Senior CO pilots selling their younger co-workers under the bus. Scope relaxation will probably go to a vote that ties in deliveries of 787's for CO for RAH flown E-170's
on a 1 for 1 basis.

There are no good regionals, just some that are better than the others!!!!:beer:

Thanks, trying to decided between RAH, and ASA. Will have the hours for RAH in two months.

Already have more than the mins for ASA.

I hear upgrade at ASA will be two years, what is the current upgrade time at RAH? They took it off their website.

What do you mean "good contract"? yeah, low FO payscale, no duty or trip rigs, and no cancellation pay really seems great!!!! I'll agree Bright future but not a great contract!!!!! Do your research before you boast about Republic's great contract!!!:smash:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back