• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic type ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree they're worthless, which is why I was happy to discover they were going by the wayside. Thank you for the link, kmox.

Could a RAH recent new hire or anyone else that has a copy of the 2yr contract....plz PM me a copy. Thanks.

PIC types are pretty much worthless as well, unless you log some actual PIC time. IMHO there's no reason to particularly care whether you get an SIC or PIC type. What goes in your logbook is the only thing that matters.
You would be wrong, if you wanted to go corporate and fly something like a E-170 or 190 in the corporate world, the type may be the difference between getting the job and not getting the job.

You would be wrong, if you wanted to go corporate and fly something like a E-170 or 190 in the corporate world, the type may be the difference between getting the job and not getting the job.

Maybe you're right. I don't think there's all that many E-170/190 corporate gigs though. And frankly, if the person who's doing the hiring cares about the type, they're an idiot because it means nothing in reality.

Maybe you're right. I don't think there's all that many E-170/190 corporate gigs though. And frankly, if the person who's doing the hiring cares about the type, they're an idiot because it means nothing in reality.
Well you are right and wrong, not to many 170 or 190 jobs corporate. But unfortunately many times for a candidate to even get to meet the CP or the DO at a corporate flight department they must first pass the HR peoples screening who know nothing about aviation, and unfortunately that often requires having the type.

Not at a company that you would WANT to work for. Good corp outfits hire the person....

Qualed in their specific type is WAY down their list, with the exception, again, of the bottom-feeder outfits....

Ultra I guess it depends on what corporate company you would want to work for.
If you think that bank of America, 3M, Motorola, McDonalds, Kraft foods are bad places to work then you would be right, however I am pretty sure that you would jump at the chance to fly a G5 or a global express for a fortune 500 company making close to 200K a year while traveling the world and also having more time off then you could have ever dreamed possible.
You are right. Good corporate outfits hire the person, however they still must make it past HR screening.

"Getting past HR" without being typed shouldn't be an issue if the Director of Aviation and/or Chief Pilot don't list it as a requirement when they hand HR details about the qualifications for the position.

Hell, I'd surmise most HR types residing outside of C-level have no clue their companies operate airplanes, let alone what type rating they use.

"Getting past HR" without being typed shouldn't be an issue if the Director of Aviation and/or Chief Pilot don't list it as a requirement when they hand HR details about the qualifications for the position.

Hell, I'd surmise most HR types residing outside of C-level have no clue their companies operate airplanes, let alone what type rating they use.
Unfortunately that has been taken away from a lot of flight departments at larger companies, I have quite a few friends that are DOs or CPs at large fortune 500 companies and when they want to hire they get their resumes from the HR department, the HR department does the initial screenings.
I don't like the practice either, and I am fortunate to run a small intimate flight department where we don't have to deal with BS like that. I was simply explaining to the gentleman above that type ratings are not worthless as he believes them to be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back