• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic type ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately that has been taken away from a lot of flight departments at larger companies, I have quite a few friends that are DOs or CPs at large fortune 500 companies and when they want to hire they get their resumes from the HR department, the HR department does the initial screenings.

Without trying to argue (we're on the same page)...even if HR is the 'keeper of the gates' on resumes, HR has to get the requirements for such a specialized job from SOMEWHERE prior to the vacancy being posted and resumes being collected.

If the job requirements sent to HR don't specify a requirement for a type rating, its very likely HR won't use having or not having the appropriate rating as a candidate screening device.

Boiler, I don't know where they get the idea, I don't know if it is from looking at other requirements from other companies, or from head hunting groups like JPI, I just know that the CP or DO will get the approval to hire, call HR and tell them that they have an opening, and HR will ask some qualifications that the DO or CP requires, they will publish those, and then they will also ad on their own, that is where you see things like a college degree or type required come into play. I would be willing to be the the bean counters add the type and currency due to trying to keep cost down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back