• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to hire 1,000 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, a non 121 gig! I only posted that because I knew you guys would sprout wood and have to defend the wonderful operation that is Republic Holdings. Thanks for the entertainment.:laugh:

No problem, Good luck in the non-121 gig. All kidding aside. Seems when you quit, you still applied here and some other places. Hey a buck is a buck.

Most of the new hires do a nice job and are very eager to learn. Biggest issue I've seen is radio phrasiology, believe it or not. Not just talking, but listening. Most are not familiar with or prepared for Class B airport chatter and etiquette (or lack of it), i.e., LGA, EWR, or ORD styles. Especially when the frequency is crowded.

T8

The 1500 is now waiveable if you have 121 experience. They won't put you on the 170 though if you have less than 1500.

Most of the new hires do a nice job and are very eager to learn. Biggest issue I've seen is radio phrasiology, believe it or not. Not just talking, but listening. Most are not familiar with or prepared for Class B airport chatter and etiquette (or lack of it), i.e., LGA, EWR, or ORD styles. Especially when the frequency is crowded.

T8

That's because at XJT we hire pilots that use english as their third language. Whoever said good luck with single pilot....no kidding....my workload has tripled lately with some of these "eager to learn" new hires. SWA or FedEx needs to call soon. Lunar landing has been checked off!:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back