• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to hire 1,000 pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Republic training is str8 forward at Shuttle it could a little heavy handed at CHQ the crj program i hear isnt too bad mainly cause its new and the 145 program i hear can be heavy handed depending on who's giving you your oral. hopefully what goes on at republic will spread throughout all threee companies. the problem is that you have to convince upper manangement and our POI. I think it will all work itself out it always does.

Unless they grow the Purdue Road support staff by at least a quarter of that (training dept, scheduling, crew planning, payroll, etc) and pay those support personnel enough to stem the attrition, RAH's performance numbers are going to plummet despite the best effort of the crewmembers.

They need to increase the staff by that much just to keep up with what they're doing now.

Most of the new hires do a nice job and are very eager to learn. Biggest issue I've seen is radio phrasiology, believe it or not. Not just talking, but listening. Most are not familiar with or prepared for Class B airport chatter and etiquette (or lack of it), i.e., LGA, EWR, or ORD styles. Especially when the frequency is crowded.

T8

Yeah? Well, neither was the ghetto CAL chick in EWR the other night that had to read back "Hold short of four left" three f#$king times.

I had to fight the urge to tell her to pull her "grill" out before she goes flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back