• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Teamsters, please be honest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Himmler used the same excuse you used. Now the IBT is stalling and showing their true colors. It's ok because I am "blessed" by my new CEO.

There is a rule of thumb that applies to arguments:

The first person to compare the other side to Hitler or the Nazi's has lost and has nothing else to reasonably debate.

I see your point sir, I should have used financial trouble vs Bankruptcy. My main point was simply to state that It is not the fault of a Pilot group for the financial trouble of another business. Pilots pointing fingers at other pilots is ludicrous.

Wait until it happens to you. It will someday.

Wait until it happens to you. It will someday.
:erm: What makes you think it already hasn't??? I use to work at an airline that was purchased by RAH. We got screwed in the integration, so i know first hand the feelings of hostility!!!!!!

Last edited:
AD, I submit the SA integration with CHQ was perfect. You're pissed off, all the CHQ FOs at the time were pissed off. Isn't that the definition of a perfect integration?

AD, I submit the SA integration with CHQ was perfect. You're pissed off, all the CHQ FOs at the time were pissed off. Isn't that the definition of a perfect integration?

No, the definition of a perfect integration is if both pilot groups are pissed off, not half of one group and all of the other. The CHQ captains did not give up one bit of seniority in the S5 integration, and CHQ FO's had to shoulder the entire loss of seniority on that list. Of course, Shuttle pilots saw their most senior pilots go to only halfway up the CHQ list, and all their captains were placed behind every CHQ captain. As an FO in the deal, I had nearly every S5 pilot placed ahead of me, and it took me over a year just to regain the same seniority number I had when I was hired. But what makes me angry is that my union blatantly showed favor to the CHQ captains, and took a dump on everyone else. I don't mind losing seniorty, but I do mind if the "pain" is not shared by the whole pilot group.

Fortunately, we have one of the original S5 captains on the current negotiating committee, so at least that perspective is brought to the table. In my opinion, the F9 pilots will come out ahead in the integration, the YX pilots will take a hit, the Lynx pilots will all be near the bottom (even DOH puts them behind 75% of our current list), and the Mokulele pilots will be at the very end of the list, with total seat protection on the caravan and ability to bid into any jet seat before any new hire.

No, the definition of a perfect integration is if both pilot groups are pissed off, not half of one group and all of the other. The CHQ captains did not give up one bit of seniority in the S5 integration, and CHQ FO's had to shoulder the entire loss of seniority on that list. Of course, Shuttle pilots saw their most senior pilots go to only halfway up the CHQ list, and all their captains were placed behind every CHQ captain. As an FO in the deal, I had nearly every S5 pilot placed ahead of me, and it took me over a year just to regain the same seniority number I had when I was hired. But what makes me angry is that my union blatantly showed favor to the CHQ captains, and took a dump on everyone else. I don't mind losing seniorty, but I do mind if the "pain" is not shared by the whole pilot group.

Fortunately, we have one of the original S5 captains on the current negotiating committee, so at least that perspective is brought to the table. In my opinion, the F9 pilots will come out ahead in the integration, the YX pilots will take a hit, the Lynx pilots will all be near the bottom (even DOH puts them behind 75% of our current list), and the Mokulele pilots will be at the very end of the list, with total seat protection on the caravan and ability to bid into any jet seat before any new hire.

Well spoken.

:erm: What makes you think it already hasn't??? I use to work at an airline that was purchased by RAH. We got screwed in the integration, so i know first hand the feelings of hostility!!!!!!

Screwed? You lost your only contract feed (United) to colgan, and lost the leases on the saabs that you were flying. Come Jan 06 Shuttle America was going to cease existiance.

So, tell me again how you got screwed. Pay proected at your current rate until you upgraded....no need to interview with a growing company. The FO's at CHQ got SCREWED!

Screwed? You lost your only contract feed (United) to colgan, and lost the leases on the saabs that you were flying. Come Jan 06 Shuttle America was going to cease existiance.

So, tell me again how you got screwed. Pay proected at your current rate until you upgraded....no need to interview with a growing company. The FO's at CHQ got SCREWED!
Why don't you throw out your famous quote again.

"I may work for S^itty wages but those S^itty wages allowed my compnay to PURCHASE your's." Popeye0537

Latest resources

Back