• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Teamsters, please be honest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why doesn't McCaskill/Bond apply to the RAH acquisition of Midwest? Shouldn't there be a binding arbitration in the future?

p.s. the first to compare someone to Hitler or the Nazi's loses the argument is Godwin's Law (or more precisely a corollary to Godwin's Law)

Just curious, CitationLover: when you get recalled to a 190, are you going to take it?

If he's furloughed he doesn't bring much to the SLI table. I would think if he's lucky in a year or two he might be offered a 145 FO reserve spot in BUF and maybe a cold cup of coffee.

If he's furloughed he doesn't bring much to the SLI table. I would think if he's lucky in a year or two he might be offered a 145 FO reserve spot in BUF and maybe a cold cup of coffee.

I will tell Bedford to lick my taint before that to happen. Unlike most Republic pilots, I will not accept their crappy working conditions and pay.

Screwed? You lost your only contract feed (United) to colgan, and lost the leases on the saabs that you were flying. Come Jan 06 Shuttle America was going to cease existiance.

So, tell me again how you got screwed. Pay proected at your current rate until you upgraded....no need to interview with a growing company. The FO's at CHQ got SCREWED!
:erm: First off your facts are wrong.
1: We did not loose anything to Colgan. Bedford gave up the Saab flying and Colgan took over the leases on the Saab's because he did not want any props on property. They still have I think 2 of our old "A" models flying. "AND" no Shuttle was not going out of existence!!
2: The Last Shuttle Saab Flight was at the end of November of 05: not January of 06
3: When we merged, I was an "FO" and not a Captain!! I lost 300+ numbers on the CHQ list. FO's with less seniority than me were upgrading before I was based on my original date of hire. MY PAY WAS NOT PROTECTED! My Benefits/401K, everything, is based around my merged date of hire. So Yes I got Screwed!! We were merged on a 7 to 1 ratio. 7 CHQ FO's to 1 S5.
4: Our Captains with 11 years seniority, became FO's. They kept their Saab captain pay yes, but lost longevity pay/benifits when they upgraded like the rest of us.

Knowing your facts might just come in handy next time!!!!!;)

Last edited:
:erm: First off your facts are wrong.
1: We did not loose anything to Colgan. Bedford gave up the Saab flying and Colgan took over the leases on the Saab's because he did not want any props on property. They still have I think 2 of our old "A" models flying. "AND" no Shuttle was not going out of existence!!
2: The Last Shuttle Saab Flight was at the end of November of 05: not January of 06
3: When we merged, I was an "FO" and not a Captain!! I lost 300+ numbers on the CHQ list. FO's with less seniority than me were upgrading before I was based on my original date of hire. MY PAY WAS NOT PROTECTED! My Benefits/401K, everything, is based around my merged date of hire. So Yes I got Screwed!! We were merged on a 7 to 1 ratio. 7 CHQ FO's to 1 S5.
4: Our Captains with 11 years seniority, became FO's. They kept their Saab captain pay yes, but lost longevity pay/benifits when they upgraded like the rest of us.

Knowing your facts might just come in handy next time!!!!!;)

How do the "old shuttle" captain rates compare to what you're making now? Or even the 11 year Captains for that matter. You'd have to assume that even with giving up their longevity at "old shuttle", their pay is higher at year 1 "70 seat" pay. Not to mention if they were at old shuttle for 11 years, chances are they weren't going anywhere. Their career outlook in general is better at RAH if they are staying at the regional level.

And btw IT'S LOSE NOT LOOSE GO BACK TO FU*KING HIGH SCHOOL!!!

How do the "old shuttle" captain rates compare to what you're making now? Or even the 11 year Captains for that matter. You'd have to assume that even with giving up their longevity at "old shuttle", their pay is higher at year 1 "70 seat" pay. Not to mention if they were at old shuttle for 11 years, chances are they weren't going anywhere. Their career outlook in general is better at RAH if they are staying at the regional level.

- The old S5 rates were the same rates as the CHQ contract rates before this current contract. When Wexford Capital bought S5 in 2001, the old CHQ contract was ratified. This happened before CHQ had negotiated the current contract.

- There were no 11 year Captains. Old S5 started operation at the end of 1998 with Dash-8-300's. At the time of the merger in 2005, 7 years was the longest for any Capt.

- No one was going anywere for the years between 2001-2005. S5 was filled with furloughs and J4J. So your career outlook comment is not entirely accurate.

Latest resources

Back