Republic replacing Go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

Rumour has it, Mokulele ( Hawaii's "GO Express") may be wet leasing some Emb-170's from Republic till they can get their crews trained and their own 121 cert. to replace Go.
Since both Go and Republic are ALPA, what is the sentiment?

Rumour has it, Mokulele ( Hawaii's "GO Express") may be wet leasing some Emb-170's from Republic till they can get their crews trained and their own 121 cert. to replace Go.

Aloha was ALPA also. What does ALPA have to do with anything?

Well I think the difference is, Go/AQ was competition (albeit illegal.) But Mesa shifting it's flying over to Mokulele should be a scope violation. It would have been like AQ pulling out of Hawaii and giving all their flying (and leasing Jets to do it) to Island Air when they were an AQ affliate.

Well I think the difference is, Go/AQ was competition (albeit illegal.) But Mesa shifting it's flying over to Mokulele should be a scope violation. It would have been like AQ pulling out of Hawaii and giving all their flying (and leasing Jets to do it) to Island Air when they were an AQ affliate.

I think if Mesa was behind this, the last person Johnny O would recruit is Bryan Bedford. (RJET)

Maybe im wrong but the last I heard these two were like arch enemies.

not wet leasing, these 170s will be flown by Republic pilots on the shuttle america side

You guys crack me up. If Republic ala Mokulele's goal was to bring down go!, then why would they bring 5 EMB 170's? Seriously, if go! can't fill 4, 50 seat airplanes, then how does Mokulele/RAH benefit by a 40 percent load factor even if they are successful in giving go! the 'final push'? If this allegation is true, Mokulele will have even higher losses than go!.

The only possible explanation is that they are going after Hawaiian's market share. Even if go! is gone, that operation can't work. And if it's true that it's a wet lease deal, then RAH has nothing to lose. My question is who is the money behind BB?

I think the perception is that Mokulele can replace Go and also have a code share partner. No one was willing to code share with Go, which is one of the reasons they are doing so poorly. Perhaps they think with a code share they can make a go of inter-island flying (no pun intended).

here we go again

All i hope out of this is that Johnny O gets thrown in jail or ends up jumping out of a window soon. Either one would just bring me all sorts of cheer.

good luck guys. Don't rely on the publics support or the politicians who are all too busy saving their own skins these days. Every man for himself.

Republic is not represented by ALPA. Even if they were, what choice does the pilot group have in this decision?

Latest resources

Back