Republic Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyn96

You apply to republic airways but how do you know which side of the house you will fly??? I'm Interestd in the Shuttle flying because of the ORD and IND bases. Are you stuck with the same brand flavor or can CHQ 135 guys bid the 170 out of IND for Shuttle???? Any clarification would be great!

Thanks
Rico

So just come out and say what you really mean. You want to fly those shinny new Embraer jets with all those seats for 24K a year (the valet at my country club makes more than you will and he gets holidays off).

Yep, that didn't take long. Six minutes, in fact.

Not to mention that valet parking attendants at country clubs don't get holidays off, since those are the days that are BUSIEST at country clubs. :beer:

OK. The Senior valet's get holidays off. Everyone else get's junior manned because the sick list is though the roof. Imagine that.

Is the valet going to upgrade in 2 years and make 60-70grand. Didn't think so, now shut up.

Thankfully Republic, unlike country clubs, has a "no junior manning" clause in the contract. :D

$$$4nothin said:
Is the valet going to upgrade in 2 years and make 60-70grand. Didn't think so, now shut up.

OK. I will shut up. I suppose like in all things, what's good for one person may not be good for another. On a related subject, I was out in BNA earlier this month and the Embraer rep. let us take a stroll through a Republic 170 that was in the service center. Very nice plane. Heck, it even had a mouse for each pilot.

$$$4nothin said:
Now hang on a second... To be fair, the upgrade time at RAH isn't two years. I know dozens of people there that are looking, probably, at two MORE years, minimum, after being granted hire dates in '04 and having been on property for 8 or more months as of right now. Let's not make the "deal" look better than it is, $$$.

flyn96 said:
You apply to republic airways but how do you know which side of the house you will fly??? I'm Interestd in the Shuttle flying because of the ORD and IND bases. Are you stuck with the same brand flavor or can CHQ 135 guys bid the 170 out of IND for Shuttle???? Any clarification would be great!

Thanks
Rico

If hired at CHQ you will only be able to shift to the E170 as an upgrade. You can only switch aircraft as long as it is a pay raise. (easiest way to think about it)

you could go E170 F/O to E145 CA to E170 CA... but remember 2 yr seat lock on upgrade.

hope this helps answer your question

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back