• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

republic pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So if you work really hard during bad weather and go over your guarantee, one Cx'ed day could whip that out???????

Correct. And the chances of even being above 98.5% on the completion factor are slim to none when cancellations start occuring due to bad weather throughout the system.

So for example, if you were awarded an 80 hr line for the month you will only recieve 80 hrs of pay if cancellations cause you to drop below 80 hrs of actual flying. If you're scheduled to fly 8 hours of flying one day of a trip and the whole days gets cancelled you lose those 8 hours of pay unless it drops you below 80 hours which was your awarded guarantee for the month. That's only if the company completes 98.5% of it's flights system wide (Republic, Chautauqua, Shuttle America). Otherwise, If cancellations drop you down to 70 hours of block for the month that's what you get payed.

Last edited:
in 2 yrs at RAH i have never credited less than 90 hrs and only had 2 flights cx ever, neither for weather.

In 2 years at RAH I had at least 10 flights cancelled due to WX or maintenance. That's quite a large chunk of change. Those cancellation rules apply for both weather and maintenance.

Last edited:
Correct. And the chances of even being above 98.5% on the completion factor are slim to none when cancellations start occuring due to bad weather throughout the system.

So for example, if you were awarded an 80 hr line for the month you will only recieve 80 hrs of pay if cancellations cause you to drop below 80 hrs of actual flying. If you're scheduled to fly 8 hours of flying one day of a trip and the whole days gets cancelled you lose those 8 hours of pay unless it drops you below 80 hours which was your awarded guarantee for the month.

That's only if the company completes 98.5% of it's flights system wide (Republic, Chautauqua, Shuttle America). Otherwise, If cancellations drop you down to 70 hours of block for the month that's what you get payed.
If your whole month cancels you still get your min of 75hrs. Not 70.

I've been here through april and had two canceled. No real biggie though. I fly mach .6 most the time so I usually get it back.

ahhhh yes...30/7 speed....good man..good man. i hate flying with CA's that always fly at red line, get on the ground 20 min early just to wait for a gate

ahhhh yes...30/7 speed....good man..good man. i hate flying with CA's that always fly at red line, get on the ground 20 min early just to wait for a gate

I understand where you are coming from, but that is part of the problem with the system. I had the same picture as you once as an FO. It wasn't until I became a Captain that I started to see why that logic is flawed. I would rather spend my time on the ground waiting for a gate than clog the system up. I do remember squeezing every last dollar out of my schedule as an FO at CHQ. 17.96 an hour, 50% deadhead, and no cx pay didn't go very far, but at least we had left over snack boxes back then to help on the food front.

Why not just install hobb meters so u can say"lets do that manuever again this time to the right" all while watching that little clock turn. I have to admit that does sux about mx cx but at least u get min guarantee. I bet that prevents a lot of people from picking up open time...

Latest resources

Back