• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic orders 40 C-Series Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Sitting in a seat that is going to go up empty anyway is no harm no foul to anybody."

Oh and you don't want to talk about hard work with me! You have no idea the number of hours I put in doing grunt work throughout the 90's when getting even a regional job required 2500 hours and was remote. I busted my a** working 60+ hours a week in hard physical labor while going to college at night to get my degree. It was because of that I had the money to get the kind of experience that was far closer to a 121 passenger airline than towing freaking banners, or teaching some Dr. or lawyer how to fly a 172. As I said before, if people want to go that route, then fine!

The people truly lowering the bar on this profession are the rj folks that salivate at the quickest upgrades at places like republic and roll over and play dead whenever management tells them they can't get a raise. And the mainline pilots who give up scope like it were water!

I did the same thing in College, hard work, 2 jobs. (weekends, nights). As a matter of fact before getting into the airlines I've always had 2 jobs.

Your "experience"
Did they let you manipulate the controls?
Did they allow you to make decisions regarding the flight?

Or did you just pay for a "Jumpseat".

You know I don't really care about some anonymous guy on a Internet forum. BUT, get off you highhorse.

Last edited:
I did the same thing in College, hard work, 2 jobs. (weekends, nights). As a matter of fact before getting into the airlines I've always had 2 jobs.

Your "experience"
Did they let you manipulate the controls?
Did they allow you to make decisions regarding the flight?

Or did you just pay for a "Jumpseat".

You know I don't really care about some anonymous guy on a Internet forum. BUT, get off you highhorse.

What do you call someone who PAYS to fly on an airplane ? A PASSENGER.

Oh,he had to take a checkride,though,Probably had to set in a squawk code,dial up an ATIS,even-egads ! Get a clearance ! And prove he could spin the props over to cool down those Garretts.You DO hafta turn em' the right way,you know ! Bah....

I don't recall too many PFTers back then, mostly experienced guys.
Just one question: Is your degree from Everetts or the University of Phoenix?
Yeah, that's what I thought........"Next"

Well if you had actually read my post through you'd have seen that this occurred in the 90's. I am not aware of any distance learning back then. I actually had to show up in person. Imagine that. You don't recall any PFTers? Are you high? Most of the regionals were all PFT! I wonder if they actually manipulated the controls:rolleyes: There were a whole lot of "passengers" sitting in the right seat of those TP's back then I guess.

And for Senna, it's clear you didn't read the whole thread, as I am far from being on a "high horse". Merely defending my self against some self righteous people on this thread. People that feel those who have done a time building program at places like Ameriflight are so badly affecting the industry. But yet these same people feel it is totally fine to continue to lower the bar on this profession by flying larger and larger RJ's on more and more routes, for less and less pay, by lining up to work for the likes of a Republic. A pilot group that has already put another one out of work. I wonder how long it will be before the Frontier pilots are given an ultimatum?

You know, I always make it a point to come to this message board so I can see what people are really like. This place never fails me.

Latest resources

Back