• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Interview and Information Request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I certainly can't tell you guys "how" to read what I said - I was being asked why I wasn't "holding out" for FEDEX - I've flown many missions in support of commanders sitting next to me and I'm a very supportive second - I was just speaking in terms of preference - having had more than one occasion where as a second in command I was put into more than a few situations where I would have made very different decisions. In our business whether military or civilian we bet our lives on our own, and those we fly with's decisions. I would find it hard to believe that someone would rather sit in the second chair at 45 years old for another 15 years - maybe some would - my preference is to work my way to a command position sooner rather than later as I fly out my career. Feel free to pass that along to HR all you want -

Perhaps his attitude would fit in much better at FedEx.

Settle down fellas...I think you're just misunderstanding Cloudchaser. He's simply saying he would rather have a lower paying job (Republic) as a Captain with greater challenge/responsibility than a high paying job (FEDEX) where he's bored out of his skull sitting right seat for the next two decades. What's wrong with that??

Thanks Otto - I'm not saying there isn't a very high percentage of left seat guys - no matter the age or background that are competent and professional pilots - I also know the opposite to be true. I was speaking to the point of why I would want to go for a regional job at this point vs waiting - maybe six months for an interview at FEDEX or Cathay - thats all - thanks for the backup - guess I should have expected that from an olde crew dog.

The right seat at a high-paying carrier is the best job around. Everyone knows that. And if you want challenges, a regional is definitely the place to go. They'll thorw you to the wolves and pay you a pittance. Good luck with that.

also, and this is kind of a biggie for me so follow me on this one - I had 188 hours of "student" time in UPT in the Air Force - I was then brought back as a First Assignment Instructor Pilot and flew about 1000 hours in the T-37 as an instructor - I then went directly to the left seat in a KC-135 as an aircraft commander upgraded to instructor and evaluator in about a year - then headed over to the C-141 - aircraft commander, instructor - air refueling instructor - low level air drop instructor - basically - not sure I want to sit in the right seat of anyones jet for the next 10 to 15 years. The pay at republic in particular is very reasonable and with many at the company heading to the majors in the next few years it seems a great place to be. I'm also thinking if I do well by them with my added experience there might be a check airman's job down the line - and I'm assuming as with most airlines they make a certain amount per hour above the highest paid captain.

I think the reason that you have caught so much grief here is because most of us have seen way too many "career IP's" so to speak that are seriously lacking in skill. Not that you fall into that catagory, but your attitude seems to portray the "I am a great pilot" feeling. Something that experience has taught me to watch out for. Normally these type of personalities will try to kill you.

The absolute worst pilot I ever flew with at the major was one of these types. Had him as a sim partner, supposedly an ex KC-135 commander and IP, couldn't do a V1 cut in a 73 to save his life, crashed several times per sim period. How he managed to pass the checkride is beyond me. But to hear him tell it he was the greatest pilot out there. Needless to say his popularity only grew once he hit the line and proceeded to "tell" the Captains how things should be done, all the while making judgement and procedural errors.

Again not saying you are one of these guys, but what you have stated here does pop some red flags among many many crew members. As I am sure it does with many Military pilots too.

By the way, if you do go to Republic, bear in mind that until upgrade you will be F/O to Captains that are probably in their 20's, Judging from your statements I think you will find that very very hard to deal with.

Nobody said "Hold out" for anything, Dumba$$!!
I, like others, am wondering why someone with this kind of experience/background would come to RAH, unless, as previously stated, he is just trying to get his feet wet again.
My question was directed at him, not one of the FI snipers (you).

Wow, calm down sparky! I was merely trying to offer support to him because I have been around long enough to realize that your statement that "You should be able to go right to FedEx or UPS" imparts a faulty logic which could end up a real disservice to him.

Why are some of you so quick to resort to name calling around here? Jeeze.

Latest resources

Back